Micron 9200 Max problem

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

roberth58

Nov 5, 2014
Florida
I have one of the 1.6TB from the deals forum, but it's not recognized. PCIe adapter card in 2 HP motherboards Z420 and Z840,tried G2 X8, G3 x8 and x16 slots and a 846SAS3 backplane. Win10, Linux and Unraid can't see it. Front of drive has a green led on steady and a blinking red/orange led. Any ideas?

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
In your Linux/Unraid environment:
What are the outputs of dmesg and lscpi commands? (don't post the entire contents, but grep for "nvm" in the dmesg and look for new devices in the lspci output).
What I am getting at, are there any signs of some PCI device being detected and possible error messages in relation to this?

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
There might also be something interesting when grepping for pci/pcie, but if you see nothing in lspci probably not all that interesting.

Do you get any information in BIOS about linkstate of the slot?

The obvious thought is there is an issue with the adapter (or the disk itself), what adapter are we talking about?
If I remember correctly HP uses a weird adapter with their "Z turbo" drives that may cause issues (but again AFAIK only in non HP systems, so...).

I suppose a possibility is to try in a non-HP system, but honestly at this point I am just grasping for straws.
Likewise while you are at it, ensure the drive is properly seated into the adapter.
You could also try updating BIOS of motherboards.