Mellanox QSFP+ cables: inexpensive

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012

awedio

Feb 24, 2012
Its been awhile, but there was a seller unloading a bunch of 30 meter optic links for ~$40 or less, and mine work with FDR. If they pop up again, they were marked ibm/tyco spooled in bags.
You remember who the seller was?
I need a 30M

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
You remember who the seller was?
I need a 30M
Been more than 3 months or whatever ebay's memory is, fell off my list. He probably ran out but should be able to snag one somewhere under $100 probably.

For the short links under 3m or so the passive copper are the best cheap option imo.

I found someone selling the same cables I have, wouldn't be surprised if he cleaned out the first seller and marked them up, it was a really good deal that I'm glad I stocked up on. (definitely not the seller I had before, or his feedback link would have been purple in firefox)

Last edited:

awedio

Feb 24, 2012
Been more than 3 months or whatever ebay's memory is, fell off my list. He probably ran out but should be able to snag one somewhere under $100 probably.

For the short links under 3m or so the passive copper are the best cheap option imo.

I found someone selling the same cables I have, wouldn't be surprised if he cleaned out the first seller and marked them up, it was a really good deal that I'm glad I stocked up on. (definitely not the seller I had before, or his feedback link would have been purple in firefox)
I assume you were able to verify FDR compatibility?

F1ydave

Mar 9, 2014
What is the advantage of using a cable like this? Server to Server communication?