mellanox mnpa19-xta 10g nic stop working

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tuccs

Mar 11, 2020
one day my 10gig nic died for no reason, in lspci, that nic shows up as a memory controller[ib flash recovery], I tried to flash firmware but always get some error like
"MFE_VERIFY_ERROR"
"MFE_NO_FLASH_DETECTED"

Foray

May 22, 2016
Look at the back of the card and find U17. It is the largest chip on that side. Inspect for any damage. You may need to reflow solder with hot air rework station. I had a card that boot fine but would not take firmware update unless I applied pressure to this chip.

Reactions: klui

Tuccs

Mar 11, 2020
Look at the back of the card and find U17. It is the largest chip on that side. Inspect for any damage. You may need to reflow solder with hot air rework station. I had a card that boot fine but would not take firmware update unless I applied pressure to this chip.
wow, that does work! that put some pressure when flashing firmware, it went smoothly, now I just need to find a repair shop to help me reflow that chip, Thanks!

klui

Feb 3, 2019
good suggestion, but I still want to fix it, so I can resell it after the new one shipped.
Unless you're getting another model, who's to say the new one won't fail in the same way in the future?

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
....you're going to pay a repair shop to do reflow work on a card that sells for like $25? The much newer/better connectx-3 series is even down to $30