Mellanox IS5030 License Issue

Meng Wang

Dec 19, 2018
Hello,
We bought a used IS5030 switch from ebay. But only the top 18 ports can work and the rate is only 20Gb/s per port, even though we used QFP cables. It looks like a license problem. I found several numbers on the pull out tab. But it always shows Malform license key error when I tried to install the key in cli via "license install <key>". Is the key installation method I used correct? Or where can I buy another license for this switch?

Derwood

May 22, 2019
Hello,
We bought a used IS5030 switch from ebay. But only the top 18 ports can work and the rate is only 20Gb/s per port, even though we used QFP cables. It looks like a license problem. I found several numbers on the pull out tab. But it always shows Malform license key error when I tried to install the key in cli via "license install <key>". Is the key installation method I used correct? Or where can I buy another license for this switch?
Although I cannot confirm anything about this issue myself, I too have been looking at what I assume to be the very same model: InfiniScale IV IS5030 and I noticed within the description about licences so am not totally sure about a purchase now!

Have you come to any result with regards to this product? Sorry if I've dug up an old thread. I'd hate to purchase a switch, which I assume is rated to whatever degree but due to some license combination or key it's been de-rated by half the speed or more.

Kind regards,

Blubster

Feb 25, 2014
Just reporting that i had the same issue with two IS5030, only the top 18 ports work and only at DDR speed, i did not find a way to bypass this yet, the pull tab has nothing on it for me.
I guess there is no solution for this?