Mellanox ConnectX2 and W2k12R2 Teaming

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Radian

Mar 1, 2011
Hi all, so I've picked up a couple of dual port X2 bargains and using them for converged networking on a Dell cluster but having issues with the teamed NIC faulting on reboot.

The cards were originally HP OEM but I flashed to stock FW using the excellent instructions from "Flash OEM (IBM) Mellanox ConnectX-3 EN with stock firmware?" thread, but still the same issue.

While I can find WinOF drivers for X3/4 on Mellanox site, I can't find any drivers for the X2 (plenty of FW but no drivers). I've found the same issue Windows Server 2012 R2 Problems | Mellanox Interconnect Community and thought a driver update might help, unfortunately I can't find any legacy drivers, can anyone point me to the latest X2 drivers for WS2012R2?

Anyone else had issues with these NICs?

britinpdx

Feb 8, 2013
Portland OR
The WinOF drivers are on the Mellanox Site, you have to hunt for them though.

Navigate to the Mellanox OFED for Windows - WinOF / WinOF-2 page.
Towards the bottom of the page select the "Win OF" download button/tab (next to the highlighted "benefits" tab)
Select the "Archive Versions" button to show the list of archived drivers, and I believe that 4.8 was the last "official" driver that supported the X2 cards (fw needs to be 2.9.100 or higher)

Radian

Mar 1, 2011
Thanks a bunch, and the driver install takes care of the FW upgrade to 2.9.1200, so that did the trick.