Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro (HPE) for $49.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
Is this a good price for the CX3Pro? I paid less than $15ea for a dozen of regular CX3 (MCX354A) cards last month. Do the additional Pro features (I only know of these two - RoCE Congestion Control and VXLAN support) make it worth that much?

Reactions: Samir

int0x2e

Dec 9, 2015
Is this a good price for the CX3Pro? I paid less than $15ea for a dozen of regular CX3 (MCX354A) cards last month. Do the additional Pro features (I only know of these two - RoCE Congestion Control and VXLAN support) make it worth that much?
TBH, I missed that CX3 entirely, so I didn't really compare the two.
I have wanted to try out VXLAN for a while now, so for me going for the CX3Pro made sense.

If you're interested in a CX3Pro, this seems like a good price from what I could see.

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
I can't tell if these are the ones I want because the HPE data sheet doesn't include enough information from upstream/OEM.

I am looking for ConnectX-3 MCX341A-QCBT dual-port 40 GbE InfiniBand + 10 GbE Ethernet network adapters and I intend to flash them to stock Mellanox hardware. There are some threads in the forums about this.

Is the card in this Ebay ad suitable? Should I look elsewhere, and if so, where? What markers should I look for?

I'm new to both 10 GbE and 40 Gbps IB so guidance is appreciated.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
According to the Mellanox HPE Reference Guide - HPE P/N 764284-B21 is just a regular Mellanox MCX354A-FCCT, so if there is a Dell variant of this card I see no reason why it can not be reflashed to Dell firmware.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
I am looking for ConnectX-3 MCX341A-QCBT dual-port 40 GbE InfiniBand + 10 GbE Ethernet
I waited for someone else to correct you but nobody stepped up so here it is:
The ebay link is for ConnectX-3 Pro adapter, so if you are looking for ConnectX-3 - this is definitely not it.
Also MCX341A can not be a dual port card, in this case "1" means single port.
And finally, I am guessing that by "40 GbE InfiniBand + 10 GbE " you meant "QDR IB or 10GbE" for which QCBT would indeed be the proper suffix.