Melenox CX3 + Optical Transciever windows 10 issues.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pr1malr8ge

Nov 27, 2017
Hello all,

I have an issue were when my Win10 machine comes out of sleep network connectivity will not link with out disabling and then re-enabling the network adapter in CP..

it appears the windows 10 machine will send but does not receive any packets.
after disable and enable and full traffic everything works fine with out any issues untill the pc goes back to sleep.

Does have anyone have a clue why this might be and a possible resolve..

Melenox xcat mx311a with an HP 10g lr transceiver on both sides into an Aruba s2500.

I'm not sure if the issues is on the pc or the aruba side..

pr1malr8ge

Nov 27, 2017
was trying to figure out how to search for the issue for a resolve wasn't sure how to describe the problem.. I found an issue someone was complaining about a cx2 card not being found after sleep and it was suggested turning pci-express link state to off.. I did that will see if that resolved the issue.

pr1malr8ge

Nov 27, 2017
After changing the pce-express power settings for sleep. issue remains.. As of now, I just disable the nic when I know im going to leave my pc and when I wake it up enable it and everything works.. Anyone have a clue on how to get windows to keep power to the pci so it wont drop the link with the switch when the rest of the pc is asleep?