mATX Epyc Rome

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
Just spotted this and didn't see any threads about it here but it seems ASRock are doing their weird thing again and have created what I think is the first mATX board that can take an Epyc Rome chip:

Other details include 6 DIMM slots, 2x10GbE, 2x1GbE, 2*PCIe4.0x4 M.2 slots (one is mounted on the reverse of the board), 4*PCIe4.0 16x slots, 14 SATA ports and the usual AST2500 IPMI. That's a whole load of IO for such a small form factor...

Other new additions include an updated Epyc embedded board...

...and finally a workstation-esque (no onboard audio) board that'll take a third-gen Threadripper:

Last edited:
Reactions: nnunn

Scott Laird

Aug 30, 2014
Those sound amazing, but I really wish ASRock would stop announcing new products and actually make *any* of their interesting existing products available. Is there actually a single ASRock Rome product available in the channel right now? Presumably they're shipping some of these *somewhere*, but historically it's usually taken ASRock 6-12 months from product announcement to actual retail availability. Assuming that they don't cancel the product in the mean time.

Reactions: Aquatechie

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
That TRX40D8-2N2T looks like an interesting option if it isn't too expensive.
I feel there's a market for cheaper TR boards so people can try and build home lab servers without having to use Epyc, but there's just nothing out there.

I am patiently waiting for SM H12SSL and the Asrock ROMED8-2T, but they'll be $600+ for sure :(

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Thats a heck of a lot of IO in a mATX form factor. Not sure I know the application for it that wouldn't also fit ATX.

ermac318

Nov 27, 2019
I am still waiting on the X570D4I-2T to start shipping. I can't find it anywhere, and it's been literally months since it was posted to their website.

Would STH please get one of the EPYC3451 boards from ASR for testing? I know you tested the dev platform but this is a real product (or is it? :)) and would love a good review. Also very important to some of us is how to remove/replace the heatsink with an active one. I know STH has done coverage on this with the Xeon D parts. Considering Xeon D's roadmap, it would be good to get similar into on Epyc 3000.

Thank you!