Make the CSE-827HD quiet ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nask

Apr 19, 2016
Hello everyone,

First things first, I'd d like to mention that I'm based in [EU] so if you find any good deals it will just make me cry when I will look at shipping fees. (+customs). : )

I bought a Supermicro 2U Twin chassis with an X8 based motherboard. It is my first Supermicro server and it works well. I only turn it on when I need because of the overall noise.
I searched and read a lot of topics, posts about many different solutions to modify a Supermicro chassis.
I was wondering if there are any particular modifications for the CSE-827HD (2U, 3,5" HDD, 2 nodes) to make it quiet?
I already bought a SQ power supply and I was looking for fans replacement but there are so many options that I'm a bit lost and I don't really know which option would be better.
1- Get quieter Supermicro fans and replace them in the CSE-827HD (ideally compatible)
2- Mods ? Which? How?

nask

Apr 19, 2016
I read a lot of fans alternatives for CSE-847, 74L fans etc. is there someone who already tried to mod that kind of fans to replace the original fans?