M5015 cross flash

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Robert Franz

Jul 28, 2015
Assuming I wipe the sdr, rewrite it and flash with lsi firmware, will the card then accept a hardware key for fastpath and cachcade for the 9260?

If not, that's fine, these are just interim cards to play with on some freebie servers.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Once the card chipset believes it is on an LSI branded card, i.e by cross flashing it, the card should then behave exactly as if it were an LSI branded card. So if you can do it with the LSI variant, you should also be able to do so on the Dell/ IBM variants :)

minimini

Sep 9, 2016
Referring to the second part of question: which hardware key to use on cross-flashed controller?

In my case I crossflashed IBM -> LSI. I must use IBM keys. I tried LSI and didn't work (wrong iButton message in BIOS).

Explanation for why is it like that is somewhere on this forum provided by Mobilevidia; and related to small eeprom chip next to the batery connector, and that eeprom is not affected by crossflash. (i wish there's storcli command to download content from that damn chip).

Let me know if you had different experience than me.