M1215 System Won't Boot

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

chrytek

Mar 15, 2017
This is my first raid card and I have run into a problem. When I install this card to either one of my computers they can't boot.

The plan was to flash this card to IT mode. I didn't see anything about this card requiring certain motherboards to support them. Neither of my systems are server motherboards, is this typically a problem?

I am trying to determine if I should just ship the card back or if it some problem on my end.

Does anyone have any ideas or run into a similar issue?

chrytek

Mar 15, 2017
Nevermind, it looks like the card won't work with the motherboards I was trying to use. I was able to flash it to IT mode on a third system.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
What was the difference in the systems, which one worked in the end?

chrytek

Mar 15, 2017
System #1 - HP 800 G1 sff
I assume this fails because it uses a custom motherboard and for whatever reason won't allow the system to boot up with this card installed. This was a nice low power cheap box I have been running ESXI and had hoped to use an lenovo SA120 with it.

System #2
An Asus P6T running a Xeon x5650. I assume this failed because these sli/crossfire motherboards apparently made tweaks to the pcie interface.

System #3
Asus z-97-e this board booted fine and I was able to flash the card to IT mode.

Basically I learned that pcie is universal and should technically just work but certain vender implementations often get in the way.