Lunch talk - flat earth dude launches himself in a steam powered rocket

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I thought this was a joke until I saw it was on CBS Flat-Earther launches himself into sky in steam-powered rocket
  • Guy thinks earth is flat? - Can we just call this what it is?
  • Ex-STUNT limo driver - I didn't know that was a thing
  • Using steam power for his homemade rocket - seriously
  • Got 1800ft-1900ft off the ground - that's under 600m
  • Injured himself in the process
It's more exciting than servers for sure, but I hope nobody on here tries it.

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
the real question remains... did he go high enough to see the curvature of the earth...

I think not... he needs to build a better rocket... and become a Darwin award winner...

Chris

Reactions: ScootingCat

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
I actually read about these plans before. Didn't think he would actually pull it off.
To begin with, flat earthers do not believe that rockets work at high altitudes because of the lack of "back-pressure" from surrounding air.
Why wouldn't he just use a balloon that can easily go way higher than any other manned aircraft built in a garage.
In the end, if he should ever reach a high enough altitude and see a curvature without crashing into the dome he would become an outcast in his community.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Just wait...Google will hire him to solve the commute problem in their "smart cities" :p:D

All said and done, as mad as it is, gotta commend him on his inaugural flight :)

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
I’m sure they have some explanation for why the earth appears to curve at high altitude. And all those hoax images of the pale blue dot taken from the moon (which is made of cheese of course).