LSI Storage Authority and Ubuntu 20.04 problems

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
first of all....thanks everyone who tries to help me.
secondly....i am new to Linux, using it about 2 weeks.

i have LSI 9400-16i tri-mode HBA card in my system.
i want to install LSA (LSI Storage Authority) on Ubuntu 20.04, but no luck.

i downloaded the package directly from broadcom https://docs.broadcom.com/docs-and-downloads/raid-controllers/raid-controllers-common-files/007.018.004.000_LSA_Linux-x64.zip

when trying sudo ./install_deb.sh as per README
i get error ./RunDEB.sh: 9: Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting "}")

then i tried to manually install LSIStorageAuthority-007.018.004.000-1_amd64.deb and LSA_lib_utils2-8.00-1_amd64.deb and LSA_lib_utils-1.13-1_amd64.deb. manual install is done by double-clicking on DEB-files.
this went all well, without any error.

now trying to open LSA page on localhost:2463 (default settings during installations), i can't get to the page because it is not loading.
also tried with the ip-adres:2463...no luck.
also tried port 9000, no luck.

even disabling Linux firewall via GUFW (grahpical user interface of ufw), is not helping. still no login page of LSA.

anyone can help me??

hindutool

Feb 23, 2016
I had the exact same problem.

Are you trying to upgrade from a previous version?

What helped for me was to manually uninstall all deb packages and delete all directories by following the commands in the uninstall script. Then run the uninstall_DEB script again. Do both as root. I made sure there were no config files, or directories (the software is installed in /opt directory) in addition to uninstalling the deb files. I then ran the installation again as root.

Alternatively you can try running these commands as root:
$sudo bash ./install_DEB.sh
$bash ./install_DEB.sh

I was able to get the LSA to successfully install with the install script and even uninstall sucessfully with the uninstall script, but I cannot get the page to load... I still get the blank screen. I reached out to Broadcom, but they are just rehashing installation instructions.

The previous version worked for a while then stopped working, so I upgraded, and since then it is always a blank screen.

hindutool

Feb 23, 2016
Try these things...

1) Create a root account
sudo passwd root

and then log in to the root account

su

2) Make sure you remove all the deb packages (i used a package manager like synaptic package manager) and searched for the packages that the install script was supposed to install. I made sure they were uninstalled AND purged (meaning all traces were removed)

3) Completely delete the lsi directory

4) After all of this try to run the uninstall_DEB script. If it does not work, just reboot your machine and using your package manager of choice make sure the packages are removed once re-booted.

I actually opened the uninstall script (nano unistall.DEB) and looked at its innards. I copied and pasted all the commands I could find to remove and purge the installed packages - The script used dpkg with some flags to do so. Also deleted all directories and subdirectories

Once re-booted login into the root account with su and re-run the install_DEB again from the root account. You can also use the bash command as root as well:

ie:

$bash ./install_DEB.sh

I got the program to install but it still gives me a blank screen. I am talking with broadcom support right now to see if we can find a resolution.

Don't lose heart just yet.

Reactions: ari2asem

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
i am in. :) :)

what i did:
deleted all lsi and lsa files (everything) manually, purge, remove.

when you unzip 007.018.004.000_LSA_Linux-x64.zip file, you get these files.

1630010988937.png

try to move deleteOldVersion.sh and deleteOldVersion_deb.sh files to elsewhere.

and then run ./install_deb.sh as su (as you suggested)

i think those delete****.sh scripts are the cause of my problems

Attachments

Last edited:

hindutool

Feb 23, 2016
Glad it worked. Did the web interface start up for you? I still cannot get the web interface working despite successful installation

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
yes, i can see login screen. i logged in as root because LSA server is run by root user

do you use all default server port values ??

try
localhost:2463 or localhost:9000

or these port numbers but with your internal network ip-adres, e.g. 192.168.1.223:2463

try to restart LSASASH-service
read about this in readme-file inside the zip

i installed LSA as standalone. no gateway, no direct agent. just Standalone

hindutool

Feb 23, 2016
I did the 2463 but not the 9000. I will try to reinstall as standalone. I installed the gateway version. Thanks. I will keep you posted. I'm you were able to get program to work.

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
i am happy for you. you can login.

but i would like to know how did you fix it ??

just reboot computer ?? or did you also delete (or removed to another directory) REMOVE OLD VERSION scripts ?

because my errors with install_deb.sh was caused by delete-old-version scripts

hindutool

Feb 23, 2016
I did not have any issue like that. I did not re-install. I just did a hard reboot for another issue, and was then able to log in. Unfortunately the server is in New Orleans which has lost power so I cannot physically go to check on it. When It reboots it should hopefully still be working once power is restored.