LSI releases MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i w/1GB DDR3 Cache, based on LSISAS2208 Dual Core RoC

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
The 2208 release is pretty exciting. So when are you getting one to take over #1 in Futuremark?

nitrobass24

Dec 26, 2010
TX
I smell a review article ;)

@computurd I expect nothing less than #1 on Futuremark after you get your hands on this. :p

Computurd

Feb 22, 2011
lol when i recieve a 6 core processor :) which i wont.
i refuse to spend a grand just to set a record!

i do have the four core WR so that is fine for me :) about to smash that here sometime this week....

Another thought, why is it we havent seen SSDs with SAS interfaces?
i agree! i have seen some on the enterprise end, but they are pretty expensive. i do wish they would come out with some cheaper variants though.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
How does Sandy Bridge do? Literally my i7-2600K hits 5GHz using auto settings on the ASUS P8P67-Pro (it is water cooled though but a pretty basic Danger Den setup nothing fancy).

Computurd

Feb 22, 2011
the 2600k is pretty powerful, but it still cant hang with the x58 chipset. the chipset and triple channel seem to allow for the better results. the 1366 is still king of bench rigs...for now of course..but not by much LOL

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Anyone with half a brain that buys a 9265 card would be smart and wait for all the gen3 contenders to get benched before diving into multiple drives for a fast RAID0. As for Vertex3 I'm not giving any more money to OCZ for now - on top of all the known problems that have been plaguing them now they won't even respond to an RMA request I made two weeks ago. That and they asked their bank for a credit line extension a few weeks ago. Sinking thousands into gen3 drives from a company that may not exist when you need an RMA? No thanks. On top of it Sandforce is playing games with gimping their firmware (performance) on brands except the ones they've made sweetheart deals with.

My gut is telling me Micron C400 or Intel will be the way to go for gen3.

Last edited:

john4200

Jan 1, 2011
Or, for someone who really wants a Sandforce 2XXX controller in their SSDs, G.Skill and Corsair are expected to have some models in the next few months. I'd avoid OCZ even if I was going to get a Sandforce SSD.