LSI Nytro Warpdrive dead?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

noroi88

Jan 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a LSI Nytro Warpdrive NWD-RLP4-1860, I left it a whole day without fans, now on startup a red light turns on and green and yellow leds light up on the four 512gb modules.
ddcli shows no drives at all when using option 3 "Display WarpDrive Health", it just errors out with code 5.

Is there a way to recover from this? Or is it dead? I tried the format option and it also errors out.

Thanks for the help!

mineblaster

Jan 16, 2019
i dosent look good but the documentation of other nytro cards refers to leds on wear level of the drive

Screenshot

i imagine the leds are the same from card to card but i couldn't find a manual to you model of card

pnerd

Jul 16, 2014
I just picked up a low hours 32GB Nytro and ran it on and off for an hour before I realized the temperature can quickly reach into the 70’s Celsius without active cooling. File copies actually locked up on me twice before I realized what was going on.

I put a slow 120mm fan I had handy on top of the card (temporary config) and am seeing 56C after some reads and writes. The LEDs are all green so hopefully I avoided permanent damage. Anyone know if there’s a way to test SSD health besides filling the card up? The lifetime max temperature was already at 76C when I got it and logged the drive health and updated the firmware.

What are folks seeing with temperatures? Is there a tool on windows and Linux that can read the temperature besides the Seagate tool? I’d like to use one of the popular system logging tools to keep an eye on the temp.

It took some extensive googling to find the 13.00.08.00 firmware. Anyone know if this is the latest? My card is the NWD-BFH8-3200.