LSI/AVAGO 9267-8i 512MB - newbee need help with initialization hard drives under windows 10

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Mar1us79

Feb 6, 2021
United Kingdom
Hello,
Firstly, my config:
Windows 10 Pro x64
Ryzen 9 3900x
Asus x570 hero
32GB 3200MHz G. Skill Royal
Avago 9267-8i 512MB

Please forgive me about this thread if was previously spoken abouty this, but I was looking for 2 days some solution for my problem, and I think, better to ask somebody, who is pro user of servers stuff like me; who use only PC, and starts new teritory to learn.

Please forgive me as well for my language; my native language is Polish. I trying to use words what I know and learn English instead of use translator to communicate with everybody.

Straight to the issue what I have.
My previous controller was LSI 2308 8 port and whole hdds connected via split cable (mini sas to 4 sata, two cables for two ports on card) get recognised without any issue under windows. When I start getting problem with freezing computer on post screen (Q-Code 07), decided to buy new SAS Controller, I trying get something new this time, and (maybe) better controller. My choice gone for 9267-8i version of Avago controller. My problem is maybe simple, maybe more complicated, HDD/SSD/Blu-ray drives are listed in bios (Asus motherboard bios), and I can see in MegaRAID Storage Manager but without success can`t see them in windows device manager.
All Options what controller can do, are new for me. I know what Raid is and what options I can choice but rest of options are not familiar for me.
Maybe this controller is design for different use like normal controlle what we can find on PC motherboards.
I have done factory reset for the card if this help.
Please for advice what I`m doing wrong and possible solution for this.
Thank you and welcome from PC Enthusiast with new servers/graphics stations passion!
Mariusz

Last edited:

Stefan75

Jan 22, 2018
Switzerland
Hi, are you still having problems?
Do you boot from the disks connected to the sas controller?
Did the post screen messages go away after switching the card?
Do you want to make a raid or JBOD?
Did you update your mainboard bios?
Did you try a different PCIe slot?