LSI 9460 16i and ToughArmor MB699VP-B

Crusher

Feb 13, 2019
Hello all

Has anyone succesfully connected a LSI 9460 to this ICY Dock Nvme backplane?
I have tried several cables but controller could not find disks.

Thx and best regards

Michael

azev

Jan 18, 2013
has anyone figure out what is the difference between LSI cable and standard NVME U2 cable for example ? Just curious why the tri mode lsi card require special lsi cables.

Crusher

Feb 13, 2019
Thank you for the answers, I understand that there are special cables needet.
I do not know the layout of Icy Dock backplane
But has anyone connected the Backplane with 9460 or does anybody know an alternative solution for a Backplane?

THX

Michael

Baz

Aug 9, 2019
The Card work but you have to play with it ,i know it is time consuming & frustrating
I have 4 pcie , 2 pcie that recognize the Card , the other 2 pcie would fail to recognize the card , All 4 pcie is 3.1 &16x .
works on pcie 2 16x 8x
The other problem is install software , it recognize the card ,at other times it fails to recognize ,uninstall & reinstall software.
Card works well at Temp about 55"C , Card Fails at 100"C +
HDD need to reserve 20% = 12TB HDD ,uses 9 TB but reserve 3TB , - If you try writing above 9TB it fails to recognize HDD , this is a fun part ( take card out of pcie about a day or 2 then it recognize HDD or disconnect Battery a day or 2 , LSI authourity software set software RAID to JBOD vice-versa from JBOD back to RAID )
Have fun trying to get this piece of junk to work , it is nightmare .

Last edited:

Crusher

Feb 13, 2019
Hello everybody
I have to revise my statement.
In the past, the wrong cables were sent to me, although they were ordered correctly. :mad:
I have now ordered cable No. 05-50061-00 again. (96, - CHF, about 105.- USD).:oops:
It must have two white plugs at bay side and a single "double-plug" on the controller side.
This now works perfectly.
U need two of them for 4 drives in the bay.

Regards

Michael