LSI 9361 bios

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Deci

Feb 15, 2015
I have a few LSI 9362-8i (NEC OEM version of the 9361-8i) that i am trying to get cachecade 2.0 working on.

I have the LSI hardware license keys (LSI00290), but they display an error that the hardware license key is incorrect for that model of card, however i cant find any hardware license key for a 9362 to enable cachecade.

Does anyone have a 9361-8i they could download the bios from so that i can flash one of these 9362 cards into a 9361 to test if that works?

poto

May 18, 2013
For reference, I ran into the same circumstance with OEM version of LSI 9266-8i (Fujitsu). Even after successfully flashing with LSI/Avago f/w, would get error you referenced. Same H/W key worked fine on retail 9266-8i. I traded some emails with LSI support, and they confirmed that OEM version I had would not work with CC key regardless of f/w installed. Did not dig deeper, as return was an option, but hopefully you can find a way to make yours work. Good Luck!

minimini

Sep 9, 2016
I have the LSI hardware license keys (LSI00290),
I believe your problem is not difference between 9361 and 9362; both are 93xx generation controllers so your key should work. However, what I believe the issue is that your key is not for NEC OEM but probably for DELL OEM (plenty on web), and crossflashing it with other firmware won't help you as crossflash doesn't flash small 6leg chip next to PCIe where the info is stored. You will need to buy the key from ebay for your card.

Keys I got are from ebay and despite the advert to be LSI keys, they do work on my DELL OEM 9361. The same key doesn't work on my IBM Serveraid M5210 which is also LSI 9361.

Get ready to buy few and hope they will work :) I have a collection of wrong ones lol.

Last edited:

Squuiid

Mar 29, 2016
Can I ask how you went about cross flashing? I'm wanting to upgrade a 9271-8i with a 9361-8i but the card I'm looking to buy is an Oracle OEM card stuck on a very old firmware version.
I wish to cross flash the Oracle 9361-8i to LSI. Any pointers would be really appreciated.

minimini

Sep 9, 2016
Just install MSM and use wizard to flash new firmware into the card. It will accept any avago/broadcom firmware that you can find on their website. Flashing is simple and safe thru MSM as MSM will also warn you if you are flashing wrong firmware and refuse to do so if it's wrong. No worries. Went easy for me.