LSI 9361-8i issue

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Apr 9, 2021
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an LSI 9361-8i to replace my aging HP P410 raid card but I've got an odd issue. On the ASRock H170A-X1 motherboard, I had to play about with the OptionROM settings (attached) to get it to see the HP raid card in Windows/Linux. However, no matter what settings I try I can not get the LSI card to either a) load the pre-boot MegaRAID BIOS screen or can I get the card to show up in Linux/Windows at all.

I've removed all other PCIe cards from the motherboard to make sure they weren't causing any issues, and I've checked that option roms do load (an Intel NIC loads and tries to PXE etc).

Any advice or is there a high chance that the card is dead on arrival :(

thanks!

Attachments

Renat

Jun 8, 2016
Option ROM Bios could have been erased earlier (but for what). But in anyway live equipment you should see with lspci output in Linux and in Windows "Computer management" (even as unknown device)

Apr 9, 2021
Hey Whaaat - I tried four different servers - all with different motherboards - none of them showed the card (in either optionrom legacy/disabled/other settings)

Renat - LSPCI shows no raid card, and in Windows it doesn't show in hardware manager either - not under storage devices nor as "unknown" anywhere else. Tested with an Ubuntu liveCD, Server 2019, and Win10.