LSI 9270-8i IT mode

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tntlt

Jul 4, 2021
Is Cisco UCS-RAID9271CV-8i flashable to IT mode? If so would your provide a short instruction ?

ttt821

Jul 12, 2021
Is Cisco UCS-RAID9271CV-8i flashable to IT mode? If so would your provide a short instruction ?
should be same as the ibm m5110. I don't have the 9271 controller. as long as you back up the original sbr you can always flash back.

ttt821

Jul 12, 2021
I also have a Fujitsu D3116 controller (mine is chip revision C1) and I also couldn't get sas2flash to recognize the adapter. Here is what I tried
  1. Backup SBR and SDP
  2. megarec -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin
  3. megarec -cleanflash 0
  4. Reboot
But when running sas2flash -list it'll always tell me he didn't find any LSI controllers. I tried different versions of sas2flash (P5, P7, P14, P15, P16, P17, P18, P19, P20) even on different mainboards, one with DOS only and one with UEFI and even tried the Linux versions. But all the same. I also tried lsirec instead of sas2flash:
  1. lsirec 0000:05:00.0 unbind
  2. lsirec 0000:05:00.0 halt
  3. lsirec 0000:05:00.0 hostboot 9207-8.bin
But when trying to hostboot lsirec will always fail with "IOC failed to become ready" and I stil can't crossflash the Fujitsu controller. Any help/advice much appreciated. I attached the SBR I backed up (should hopefully be a stock D3116 SBR) and the output of megarec -adpallinfo -a0 (before I started to mess around with the controller)

[Edit]
Interesting fact that I noticed is, that my SBR is 512byte and all sbrempty.bin I could find are only 256byte, so maybe writing a 256byte SBR won't clear everything?

[Edit 2]
I recovered my controller by doing a megarec -m0flash with the 2208_16.ROM I found in this thread and by restoring my original SBR. And now it boots again, but something is different now. It shows LSI BIOS (was Avago before) and controller's vendor name is also LSI (was also Avago before) but product identifier is the old Fujitsu one "RAID Ctrl something" which kinda makes sense I think because I flashed a (stock) LSI firmware and used the Fujitsu SBR. So it seems I now have a Fujitsu controller booting with (stock) LSI firmware. But still sas2flash won't find any LSI controller.
C1=pci 2.0 9205 f/w

D1=pci 3.0 9207 f/w

vafk

Jul 12, 2022
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I hope I can contribute in future.

I have a SAS 9286CV-8e which I wanted to convert to IT-mode (9207-8i).

First the controller was recognized by my BIOS in my HP microserer. After I put it in my old PC which I am using to check boards it was recognized but after I experimented with sas2flsh.exe in EFI-Mode it was not anymore listed on boot.

When I boot into DOS-mode megarec -adplist shows no controller.

I think I killed it puttig it in and out but perhaps (because I removed the low profile bracket and had not the high profile to hold it...) it was bricked by the software and can be revived. What do you say? Thank you.

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
When I boot into DOS-mode megarec -adplist shows no controller.

I think I killed it puttig it in and out but perhaps (because I removed the low profile bracket and had not the high profile to hold it...) it was bricked by the software and can be revived. What do you say? Thank you.
Google 'lsi2208fixer.iso' boot to this and you should be able to recover your card
If this fails then most likely you have a nice paper weight

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
@mobilenvidia
Thank you for your answer. I tried this ISO and it did not find the card. That means the card is dead.
It may still live
Boot to Linix
Get PCI-utils
Run lspci
it will spit out all the PCI(e) devices in your system
Scroll up to near the top
Look for a SAS controller or check devices on the PCIe bus for one that corrosponds to whats in the slot
If it doesn't show here then you have your self a paper weight

But if it does show getting it back from here will be another story but see how you get on

Oldhome7

Feb 9, 2020
I'm thinking about attempting this on my 9270, when we say retail LSI, does one that boots up as AVAGO count?

I'm currently running it in RAID10 but would love to use this for a ZFS build.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Just acquired a Supermicro X9DRH-7F and want to flash the on board LSI 2208IR to 2308IT. The website linked at the beginning of this thread is from 2017. Is it still valid? any changes that need to be made?

TIA

mogeritz

Jan 1, 2024
@BLinux I think I can help with that. I still have my SBR backup of the 9270-8i I converted to a 9207-8i IT mode.

I've sent you a PM.
Hey, i know this might be a dead thread, but does anyone still have a 9270-8i SBR? I have a 9270cv-8i that i bricked and am desperately searching for an sbr for...