Lsi 9211-8i fast initialization ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Twist

Oct 15, 2015
Norway
I'm a new member with a few questions for you.

How do I choose fast initialization for my virtual drives ? as of now I have a test setup with the 9211-8i and the progress with background initialization is taking several hours - as my final setup will use 4TB drives I guess it will take perhaps a week to complete.

Added a few picturs for you too see.

Group Init.jpg
As you can see fast initialization is greyd out and not possible to use, even though I have a virtual drive the drive is not shown or an option.

SetVirtualDriveProperties.jpg
Fast initialization is not an option in virtual drive properties either - also, if I setup raid in bios there is no option there either.

Option is not in P19 firmware so I downgraded to P9 and no option shows.Have also tried a few different versions of megaraid storage manager.

How do you do this ? let the drives sit for a week or two ?

Twist

Oct 15, 2015
Norway
If it matters my card was a Dell H310, I thought perhaps that the fast initialization was missing because something went wrong during the flash process.

If anyone has an original 9211-8i I will be grateful if they could check this on their card.

Thanks