LSI 3008 Firmware/BIOS/UEFI version, is this right?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jcl333

May 28, 2011
Hello, I know there are many posts on this, and I have been reading them, but many of them are years old and I would like to know if I am doing this right, how I know if I am on the right version, and what the latest version is.

I have two X10SRH-CF boards with LSI3008 (broadcom 9300) chips on them (I also have a 9400-16i card)
I have read instructions on flashing these from Windows, DOS, and UEFI, and I have LSI Storage Authority, a Windows / browser utility that is very nice and can also flash files to cards.

This is what it looks like on one of the boards, using the Windows x64 sas3flash:
sas3flash.png

This is what it looks like from the LSI Storage Authority:
lsistorageauthority.png

I am sourcing my files from here:
SAS 9300-8i Host Bus Adapter

Here is the package summary file for what appears to be the latest versions from Broadcom:
README_9300_8i_Package_P16_IR_IT_FW_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows.txt

If you look at my screenshots, this is what I have after flashing:
IT Firmware version 16.00.10.00 (August 1, 2019)
BIOS version 08.37.00.00 (April 5, 2018)
UEFI BSD version 18.00.00.00 (April 4, 2017)

The sas3flash instructions talk about doing things with NVDATA, but I am not sure what that is for.

Also, many places show that you can press ctrl+c to enter the controller BIOS, but I do not get a prompt for that, and pressing ctrl+c does not do anything. Anyone else have this?

So, think I am good to go here?

Thanks

-JCL

mysy

Apr 2, 2020
CHINA
I just update one supermicro LSI 9311 card. It was same P16 FW from Broadcom website. But it original from with IR firmware. I try use it in IT mode , the HBA card could through my 4Kn seagate v5 SAS disk to Esxi. This lsi 9300 not have cache , it doesn't have performance good for RAID, but your could use IR mode FW to switch it. As I know , my 4Kn SAS disk doesn't support Raid mode.

make a usb UEFI usb boot disk,

sas3flash.efi -list

sas3flash.efi -o -e 7

sas3flash.efi -f SAS9300_8i_IT.bin -b mptsas3.rom -b mpt3x64.rom

sas3flash.efi -o -sasadd 50060XXXXXXXXXXXX

jcl333

May 28, 2011
I just update one supermicro LSI 9311 card. It was same P16 FW from Broadcom website. But it original from with IR firmware. I try use it in IT mode , the HBA card could through my 4Kn seagate v5 SAS disk to Esxi. This lsi 9300 not have cache , it doesn't have performance good for RAID, but your could use IR mode FW to switch it. As I know , my 4Kn SAS disk doesn't support Raid mode.

make a usb UEFI usb boot disk,

sas3flash.efi -list

sas3flash.efi -o -e 7

sas3flash.efi -f SAS9300_8i_IT.bin -b mptsas3.rom -b mpt3x64.rom

sas3flash.efi -o -sasadd 50060XXXXXXXXXXXX
Ah, this is interesting, flashing all three at the same time in one command. I will try this, thank you very much for the tip.

-JCL