LSI 2x08 Drive Compatibility Spreadsheet

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ArthropodOfDoom

Feb 18, 2020
Washington (not D.C.)
All,

I just recently decided to start building my own NAS for the first time because I wanted something to do light homelab stuff for kicks. Professionally, I'm a mechanical engineer by degree, but I do IT stuff for my company on an as-needed basis and have experience tinkering with things, and since I was running out of space on my home machine I decided I would jump into your available resources on the magic of the 9211 and 9207 SAS HBA cards for home NAS funtimes.

To make a very long and arduous story short, I ran into compatibility issues buying used high quality 6TB SAS drives on eBay. In the spirit of being making the resource you don't have, I converted their PDF compatibility chart to an Excel spreadsheet so that you can figure out exactly what drives you like and make sure that whatever sketchy deal you've found on craigslist/ebay/the like will actually work.

Enjoy!

IT_SAS_Gen_2.5CompatibilityList

I can also email you the Excel file directly if you like, it has actual filterable columns which makes it slightly easier to find things e.g. 4Kn 6TB SAS drives with SED features or something like that.

[edit]: Now fixed the sheet so it contains all the data.

Last edited: