LS-26 to C14 PSU cable

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

josh

Oct 21, 2013
Hello,

I have had the misfortune of purchasing Dell PSUs with the absolutely stupid LS-26 connector

1625496801601.png

I've been scouring places for LS-26 cables to splice into the standard C14 but I haven't been able to find any that has been in stock.

Anyone knows where I can find something I can use?

I see that the cheapest solution out there is the make shift connector from parallelminer but it does not seem safe or durable at all.

1ft 14AWG Universal AC Power Cord to C14 - Up to 300V | Parallel Miner

Thanks!

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Personally, I think I would just open up the psu's and replace them with standard chassis mount IEC 320 C13 types and call it a day :)

josh

Oct 21, 2013
This might be it HP 651449-B21 HP 2.3FT LS26-C14 PWR CORD - SMART IT Hardware and Services looks like HPE has a similar cord
I think they use that dumb connector since it is designed for 277V power setup vs 208/240.
Yea the direct conversion cables are either out of stock or have been quoted at absurd prices. More than ordering replacement PSUs with the standard C13s actually. Would rather order fresh PSUs than pay that much for the cables that won't be used at all after this batch of PSUs fail. Obviously a last resort kind of thing considering I bought a handful.
Personally, I think I would just open up the psu's and replace them with standard chassis mount IEC 320 C13 types and call it a day :)
I've opened them up but there are capacitors on both ends of the cables and I'm not confident with soldering that many things back on a single point (I can barely get a 1-1 connection to hold).

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
The cheapest lead set I could find for these inlets was something like $24ea plus tax and shipping. Replacement chassis mounting IEC 15A connectors are about $4 each plus shipping. Even less if you have an electronics store nearby where you can pick em up from. If you are uncomfortable doing it yourself, surely you must know someone handy that could do it for you, even if it does cost you a few beers ;)

An alternative to soldering, is to use good quality insulated crimp on 1/4" spade terminals, even if you have to extend the wires a little with a splice. At least you could gather everything up in one go, add a wee wire to the other side of the splice with a 1/4@ spade on it and then just simply push it on to the back of the connector. If the wires are already long enough to reach, just gather them all up and crimp on the spade.

Just to be clear, I wouldn't do this or recommend doing this, for any kind of deployed equipment, but for my own uses I'm more than comfortable with it :)

NateS

Apr 19, 2021
Sacramento, CA, US
This place says they'll make custom ones, though I'm not sure about the price:

This cable manufacturer is selling them for $24, and says they're in stock:

There's also someone selling them on Amazon for $20:

Last edited: