Lowest cost testing board

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by manfri, Sep 25, 2017.

1. manfri

manfri Member

I think i need the cheapest MB/CPU on planet to test some pcie card that have a slight phisical damage on connector.
    Any suggestion?

2. Rand__

Rand__ Well-Known Member

just catch any old board on ebay (auction style) unless you need specifics (pcie 3 etc)

chilipepperz likes this.
  3. manfri

manfri Member

no need for anything special, all i need is a smoke test :) but i'm really at stump determine the minimum platform to look for..

4. Rand__

Rand__ Well-Known Member

if you only need pcie1.x than anything from the last 10 years should get you covered - just check for pcie slot onboard in a pic

5. Mishka

Mishka Member

If you only need a smoke test you could get one of the PCI-E mining cards, just hook it upto power and the card would power up if you only need a simple power on test