Low-cost, Lowest Power Windows PC

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DL777

Nov 18, 2020
Any recommendations as to a low power Windows PC to simply run web browser and some lightweight Windows apps? I was hoping to find something that consumes 6-10 watts idle. I would like it to be able to drive a 4K display too. Older models would be fine. Thanks!

Freebsd1976

Feb 23, 2018
Any recommendations as to a low power Windows PC to simply run web browser and some lightweight Windows apps? I was hoping to find something that consumes 6-10 watts idle. I would like it to be able to drive a 4K display too. Older models would be fine. Thanks!
j5005? For example Dell 5070 thinclient

NateS

Apr 19, 2021
Sacramento, CA, US
Does it need to be a desktop form factor? For power that low, I'd recommend looking first at laptops. The vast majority of them will have idle power that low or lower. 4k support is widespread on today's laptops, and should be fairly common on ones going back a few years, but you'll want to double check that if you're buying used.

Reactions: richard.dzavoronok

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Why does it matter that it idles at 6-10w? Put it in sleep, or just turn it off if not in use \ idling.

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
You’ll probably want a Jasper Lake NUC clone. There are quite a few out by now. The Chinese ones are pretty small, but if you want “support” if needed, there are also a bunch of ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI models. They all can do 4K60.

Intel’s official Jasper Lake NUC just got soft-released as well. Availability be damned.

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
MeLE Quieter2 - cheap, j4125 4 core, 8 gb and 128 gb eMMC onboard, support m2 nvme, dual HDMI 2.0, 10w under load.
Cpu is old, but I wish anything with Elkhart Lake will be available.