looking to dabble in ARM not in the SBC space.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
I have been thinking of looking at looking at ARM processors/Motherboards out of the SBC space and workstation space. more along the line of a desktop space with standard PC power and other connectors.

all I see are $200 to $1500+ ITX/mATX motherboards. which is a little out of my idea of dabble cost. and little in the way of memory/ expansion slots in a real PC

I have not dabbled in this space because the cost benefit of the SBC space seemed to really hit where an old desktop could do the same job. like a $100-200 used PC could do the job the same.

Chris

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020
What's your budget? Dabble cost differs from person to person, not everyone has the same disposable income :)

What are your goals for engaging in this endeavor? What are you looking to do?

If you are looking to dabble in ARM, I'd personally suggest looking up Azeria Labs, she's an awesome chick who does Reverse Engineering / Exploitation classes and tutorials for ARM processors and even has built VM's you can download. It's on my personal to-do list, as soon as I cross off some other things I'm working on at the moment.

Decent starting point if you ask me.