looking for wallet recomendations

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Nonetoo

Mar 6, 2017
I've been following cryptocurrency mining. I'm wondering if folks here have recommendations on crypto currency wallets?

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Depends on the coin, some have hardware wallets (most secure), some have GUI wallets, some have smart phone wallets, some have command line wallets and some have web based wallets.
The wallets are usually specific to a coin except a few that are multi coin capable.

Need to know what coin before a recommendation can be made.

BE VERY CAREFUL on choosing a wallet because there are many scams using fake wallets.

Nonetoo

Mar 6, 2017
Depends on the coin, some have hardware wallets (most secure), some have GUI wallets, some have smart phone wallets, some have command line wallets and some have web based wallets.
The wallets are usually specific to a coin except a few that are multi coin capable.

Need to know what coin before a recommendation can be made.

BE VERY CAREFUL on choosing a wallet because there are many scams using fake wallets.
I'm interested in what folks here are using. Ideally, I'd like a super secure wallet I can trade all coins in. :) I'll probably pass on hardware wallet for now, would like something I could mine to and check up on in my phone or desktop easily.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I'm interested in what folks here are using. Ideally, I'd like a super secure wallet I can trade all coins in. :) I'll probably pass on hardware wallet for now, would like something I could mine to and check up on in my phone or desktop easily.

There is no wallet that will work with all coins.

For Monero i'm using the Monero GUI wallet, for everything else I use the coins individual simple wallet that is part of the base programs.

Nonetoo

Mar 6, 2017

For Monero i'm using the Monero GUI wallet, for everything else I use the coins individual simple wallet that is part of the base programs.
I know there is no wallet that will work with all coins. Having 9 wallets for 9 coins sounds like a pain. :) So I'm looking for a "well used wallet" (used by many people) that is easy and allows "many coins". I was wondering what folks here were using, a couple "multi coin wallets", or separate wallets for every coin.

Thanks for your input Klee!

Nonetoo

Mar 6, 2017

Hey @Klee, "about" how many coins do you have individual wallets for? Does it get cumbersome to manage that many? Do you mine and hold lots (more than 6) currencies and hold them all as a portfolio, or do you mine different ones, sell them and consolidate them into a main currency you like?

Same question for others, do you mine just one or two types, and so have a dedicated wallet for each is not an issue, or does everyone just generally have 6+ wallets with different currencies they manage?

Thanks all!

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Hey @Klee, "about" how many coins do you have individual wallets for? Does it get cumbersome to manage that many? Do you mine and hold lots (more than 6) currencies and hold them all as a portfolio, or do you mine different ones, sell them and consolidate them into a main currency you like?

Same question for others, do you mine just one or two types, and so have a dedicated wallet for each is not an issue, or does everyone just generally have 6+ wallets with different currencies they manage?

Thanks all!
I do this as a hobby so i'm not even worrying selling or exchanging them but just keeping the coins I mine and I'm hoping someday they may be worth something but if not oh well at least I'm enjoying learning something new with computers.

To be honest the only reason I have used a wallet is to get the public address that I need to use in my miner programs or solo mine.

I have only mined a handful of coins and i'm not using this as a way to "Get Rich" or a second income, i'm just having fun doing new things with computers.

Right now i'm on a kick to mine new coins that are easy to mine but are not worth anything, got tired of mining coins that are so slow to mine, new coins I can mine thousands a day vs Monero where now it takes weeks to mine a single one.

Before this I was big into Vintage computers, before that it was overclocking, and before that it was learning HTML, gaming, networking, FTP servers, into the windows beta os scene, Seti@home and many other things on computers.

I fully expect to get bored with this and move on to other things when I feel I have learned all I want about it.

Last edited: