Looking for VMWare Horizon View 7.13 download options

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So I made the mistake to update a couple of Win10 Boxes to 20H2 yesterday.

This morning all these boxes didnt want to play nice any more (black screen, disconnect, config error) so I looked into compatibility.

Seems 20H2 needs 7.13 while I run 7.12.
Ok, started my usual process, "Get trial version", download, update.... only this time i got greeted by "Enter a valid license key"... ???

Restored the snapshot, fixed a couple of stupid mistakes I made, at it again...
Hey wait, I have copied the wrong file to the View Server, thats 8.1 ... no wonder it wanted a key...
Turns out they did away with the clear numbers, its Release 2012 now which is 8.1 (but only says so in the filename, not on the download; or I didnt
see it, nevermind).

Dont' want to move to 8.1 since it had some dependencies that I couldn't fulfill iirc (rats tail with vsphere 7 I think), and I am still on 6.7U3

So long story short, I can't dl 7.13 via Trial because who wants old shit anyway.
I can't dl it regularly b/c I dont have an entitlement (VMUG).
I have no idea what's on VMUG (likely 8) since my access has expired and I have not restored due to licenses still running for a couple of months.

So any legalish options to download 7.13 that I have missed?

O/c I am probably better off uninstalling 20H2 from what I see, so thats what I will do, but the issue is likely to come up again.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I used to look up the checksums on vmwares download portal and then used google to find alternative sources for the iso files. Some links were direct links to vmware that didn't require any logins at all...

Reactions: Rand__