Looking for Optimum online modem replacement suggestions

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
Starting in 2019, unfortunately, Optimum/Altice joined the shady practice of charging modem fees for ALL customers.
I've bought the MOTOROLA 24x8 Cable Modem, Model MB7621, but it's been complete shite.
The issue is my cable service has a decent amount of T3 Timeouts, but where's company provided Arris 1602 (puma based) modem recovers from them by retrying I guess, the Motorola doesn't and requires modem reboot (which started to happen way too often)
I spoke with Motorola support and likely it's firmware issue which Motorola will not fix and Altice can't/won't fix my t3 issues. I already had 5 service calls and two tech visits and all of these have been wasted.

Other than buying brand new Arris 1602 to avoid a hefty monthly fee, any other suggestions for a modem which actually works reliably despite t3 timeouts.

I should add that I have DOCSIS 3.0 with 200mbps down service

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
Here's an update: I ordered Arris SB6183 and thought the T3 timeouts and occasional short internet outages persist, at least I get the minimum required functionality: I get my 200mbps speed and I don't have to reboot it. So if you are an Optimum customer and want to avoid the $10 modem fee, this is the modem I recommend (for now at least)