Looking for Non Supermicro Chassis for x9dr3-ln4f+

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
As in title has any body fitted one of these to a non Supermicro Chassis? I already have my X10DRX is a Xigmatek Elysium and it has oodles of room but larger sized chassis seem to be increasingly hard to come by.

Someone mentioned the Phanteks Enthoo Pro which I know I can get here - I live in New Zealand, has anyone tried one of these boards in this or any other Chassis?

I tried it in the Corsair Obsidian 750D, while it fits it is not secure as the motherboard backplate does a 90 degree turn toward the right hand side leaving nowhere to place additional mounts and you can litteraly pull the top right of the board and make it twang back and forth in the case - not ideal.

What I need is quite simple, it needs to take the X9DR3-LN4F+ and have 3 5.25 inch external bays.

I have contacted the Supermicro dealer in New Zealand and they are out of stock of the appropriate chassis which used to sell for NZD $1200 which I was willing to pay - but they don't think they will be getting them back in stock ( usually down here they have to bulk buy to get a decent price ) ; but to get one through from the states would cost 749USD minimum for the case at least $500 NZD to get it shipped to NZ then add 15% for local taxes + customs fees of NZD 69.95 , biosecurity fee NZD 29.95 and 1% import duty because it would be over NZD total so I would be looking at would be around NZD 1990 or USD 1326.

I need an alternative I can source locally, even if I have to do some minor modifications to add mounts.

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
We've had folks in ServerBuilds that fit this board (EE-ATX) in the Enthoo Pro. To support the board on the intake side, you'll need to either drill+tap holes in the case for standoffs, use flat-bottom standoffs that don't screw into the case, or just stick adhesive rubber bumpers of the right thickness to the bottom of the board. Don't "twang" or flex the board, and minimize insertion force when installing RAM, attaching PSU cables, etc. on that end. It's a tight fit, but it'll work. You might find it helpful to pick up a short extension cable for the 24-pin ATX MB power cable; it's a long ways up from the PSU basement to the top edge of the board.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
We've had folks in ServerBuilds that fit this board (EE-ATX) in the Enthoo Pro. To support the board on the intake side, you'll need to either drill+tap holes in the case for standoffs, use flat-bottom standoffs that don't screw into the case, or just stick adhesive rubber bumpers of the right thickness to the bottom of the board. Don't "twang" or flex the board, and minimize insertion force when installing RAM, attaching PSU cables, etc. on that end. It's a tight fit, but it'll work. You might find it helpful to pick up a short extension cable for the 24-pin ATX MB power cable; it's a long ways up from the PSU basement to the top edge of the board.
Yes I was considering the Enthoo Pro, If it fits then it would be job done provided I could also fit this Removable 4-Drive Backplane | HDD Mobile Racks | StarTech.com

It's 7.8 " or 19.7 cm long from the front bezel, not having one to check on - I cant measure.

Any idea of it would fit, or if someone has one could they measure up for me?

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
Alternatively can anyone who has one of these cases
PH-ES614P/
PH-ES614PC
provide me with the measurements from the back PCIe Slot plates to the back of the hard drive bay side cover and
the front of the 5.25 inch hard drive bezel to the rear of the hard drive bay side cover.

Thanks in advance, I have a local store investigating I've looked at the InWin 915 and 925 - to small in width one says 13 inches - .68 to short, the other EATX which I believe is 13 inches.

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
Yes I was considering the Enthoo Pro, If it fits then it would be job done provided I could also fit this Removable 4-Drive Backplane | HDD Mobile Racks | StarTech.com

It's 7.8 " or 19.7 cm long from the front bezel, not having one to check on - I cant measure.

Any idea of it would fit, or if someone has one could they measure up for me?
Yeah that 4-in-3 hotswap cage looks like it'd fit in the Enthoo. I have an IcyDock 4-in-3 non-hotswap that fits. The Enthoo has little rails between each 5.25" bay, so flat-sided cages like the Rosewill RASA-11001 don't fit without bending/dremelling off the rails. But that StarTech cage has slots into which the rails should fit. There's a question of depth, especially given how long the LN4F+ is; the SATA connectors might bump up against the DIMMs.