Looking for Mini-ITX Board with S3 state (S2RAM) Support

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

spacepope

Jun 16, 2017
Hi!

I am looking for a Mini-ITX board to be mounted in a Supermicro 721TQ-250B mini-tower. My requirements are:

- S3 sleep state (Suspend to RAM) support and wakeup via RTC
- IPMI
- support for at least 16 GB of RAM
- PCIe 2.0 x4 slot or better
- no more than 4 years old
- preferably Supermicro

None of the Supermicro A1SRI, A2SDI, X10SDV and M11SDV boards fit the bill as they do not support suspend to RAM. I was eying the Supermicro X11SCL-iF paired with a Celeron T or Pentium T but I am not sure if it can do S2RAM, the manual only mentioned support for ACPI S4/S5. Does anyone have this board (or any other X11SCL) and can report on S3 support? Are there any other boards out there that fit my requirements?

Thanks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
X11SCV-Q might since it's intended to be a desktop board. It has IPMI through Intel AMT.

Reactions: spacepope

spacepope

Jun 16, 2017
Looks promising, I didn't even consider AMT. Of course to use it an i5 or i7 is required which may be a bit of overkill for my application. I think I might go with the predecessor board (X11SSV-Q) paired with a used Core i5-6500T if nothing better shows up.