Looking for LSI 9400-8i8e under any other name ? Even reflashed IT ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bford

Apr 29, 2021
What we actually need are LSI 9400-8i8e cards. They appear to be impossible to source - perhaps too old ?

One option is to buy an OEM card - I think the lenovo 940-8i8e is the same part ? Is there also a Dell or adaptec version of this same card ?

Is there another option ? If I overpay for a 9480-8i8e (megaraid) card is there an IT firmware available that can turn it into a 9400 ?

Thanks.

ChosenElite

May 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
What we actually need are LSI 9400-8i8e cards. They appear to be impossible to source - perhaps too old ?

One option is to buy an OEM card - I think the lenovo 940-8i8e is the same part ? Is there also a Dell or adaptec version of this same card ?

Is there another option ? If I overpay for a 9480-8i8e (megaraid) card is there an IT firmware available that can turn it into a 9400 ?

Thanks.
@bford Which Machine are you putting this into? If it's a Supermicro machine I'd just go with the 8i and then put this in (AOM-SAS3-8i8E) to handle the IT Mode part. Controller to backplane, backplane to external, external to controller, to close the loop, and bam!

Or get the 9400-8i8e from @KV71