Looking for layer3 switch / router, need advice. Found need additional advice.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Caennanu

May 18, 2021
What information are you looking for? It gives step by step reset and configuration steps on his page. As he says, a serial connection will be required for initial switch config, then you can enable and use the webui if you so choose.
Not looking for information right now. Just waiting for cables to arrivé ;)

Caennanu

May 18, 2021
Right so . . .
We've got the brocade, we've got it hanging, we're trying to configure the darned thing.
I have followed the guides provider by Fohdeesha, but i'm running into issues when configuring vlan's.

During the upgrading and licensing, i've set a default ip. When i have that as untagged port from my router to the switch, i can acces the switch just fine. Adding additional ip's for the other Vlan's also seem to work fine. However, when switching the untagged port on the router to another vlan, for which i've configured the ip address on the brocade, i can't seem to acces it at all anymore (and this is an issue, as i want v1 to belong to a different subnet, but i'm not deleting that before i have an alternative way to accessing the device).

And yes . . . i'm trying to do this via the webinterface. Here's a screenshot of the ip address section.
1633952423709.png

In the port Vlan section, i've set these Vlan's as tagged and vlan 1 as dual?
1633952479997.png
Vlan 84, with a test camera connected, i can view just fine. so the data is passing thru.

What am i missing? Why can't i connect to the brocade from another subnet?

--- edit ---
Right so i tried accessing the brocade from a VM that is actually part of one of the subnets, and there i can acces it from on the different subnet address.
So . . . i'm default on the 30.xx, i can connect to the 30.xx ip on the brocade.
But from 30.xx i cannot connect to the 84.xx on the brocade.
84.xx to 84.xx does work?

Hairpinning issue?

Last edited: