Looking for Hitachi firmware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Savant

Mar 15, 2017
I recently picked up 8xHUSSL4040ASS600 SAS2 ssds for use in testing vsan and eventually as a dedicated flash datastore for my VMs.

I just got the drives installed, but an getting a blocked status on my h710p raid card. I wanted to try updating the firmware to the current as they seem to be at the release version A170.

I seem to be unable to find the firmware anywhere. Searching I found an EMC document stating the drives are now supported with firmware A182 or A18m.

Does anyone happen to have the files or know where I could located them? I'll give a call to support tomorrow, but I'm not too hopeful they will be willing to assist with a EOL device.

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
This is interesting, i had a similar issue the other day however i do have a drive that wasnt Blocked but then the other was... i just figured i'd ignore it and pulled the drives back but i do have a drive that supposidly is NOT blocked... i spotted the block issue when it was in a Dell Controller

I would have to check the firmware on the ones, i dont have a dell controller in front of me anymore so im not 100% on which drive was blocked and which wasnt Mine however are HUSML4040ASS600

Savant

Mar 15, 2017
Well I never got the time to call support, but I was able to get the drives working with all controllers.

It turns out they were formatted with a 520 block. After going through the process outlined in the forums I now have all the drives showing as supported.