Looking for help to identify this server (RACKABLE SYSTEMS)

Discussion in 'Chassis and Enclosures' started by Jack Berry, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Jack Berry

Jack Berry New Member

With it being in the US I'm guessing it will cost a bomb to get to me in the UK

2. Jack Berry

Jack Berry New Member

Got the server today, will upload 2 pictures now and a video if possible, it’s a really old system and looking on eBay the hard drive controllers are 2TB limit. But they are individually plugged in with SATA cables and has a standard size motherboard and layout so could be upgraded easily to accommodate my needs as a low power hard drive bay, if anyone else can get more information about it for me that would be cool!

here is the google drive link to the photo again plus new ones added and the video I thought was cool!
    Storage server - Google Drive

3. ari2asem

ari2asem Active Member

maybe you can remove motherboard and put sas expander inside with supermicro jbod power board (very small and tiny one). then connect sas expander to external port of hba inside another computer. this way you make external jbod case