Looking for for chassis to support lots of ssds in decent price

Discussion in 'Chassis and Enclosures' started by iliak, Apr 18, 2019.

1. iliak

iliak New Member

i am looking for a chassis that can store approx 72ssd for a 4u (approx 250-300TB of raw data before redundancy)
    looking for best price\value.

the ssds will be orders in batches (not all at once)

best price for ssd\speed i found is for PM983 3.84TB SSD fast and under 400$ for unit, the problem i can't find a chassis that store lots of nvme ssds in low price,

i only found (supermicro 2028r-nr48n ) but it way over our price range
    looking for refurbished server, home you suggest a model, (target price is 3-5k $ for chassis+cpu+ram)
    can be a split into two 2U servers,

2. BlueFox

BlueFox Active Member

You aren't going to find anything cheap with that many NVMe bays. Even the 24 bay ones, if you're lucky enough to find them used, run ~$3000 each. You should probably go for SATA instead of NVMe. You can easily get a 72 bay chassis within your budget then.

3. azev

azev Active Member

Pure NVME chassis are still very expansive, but I start seeing hybrid (few NVME & SAS) chassis getting more affordable recently.