Looking for display that won't auto-switch inputs. Do Philips monitors auto-switch to next input upon stdby mode on current input?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
If anyone uses philips displays, please tell if they are being smartasses like my lenovo thinkvision t24i-20 and switch over to next active input when current input goes off for a few seconds(every reboot of a connected server causes this). And if no, how many buttons do you have to press to switch between inputs? Is it in one single button, two or three to switch manually?
Actually, can we maybe have a database with this data? Make it a table so that other people would make informed decisions when choosing their next display.
I'm just looking for a cheap but not too smart display that won't auto-switch over and will be easy(one or two buttons to switch between inputs manually), 31+ inches. Currently checking out philips. There are many companies you've probably never heard of like io data, and other local stuff. So i thought i'd ask for something like philips thats global. Or dell, or hp. Or other lenovo.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
My Dells have an option for that - static on a specific input or auto select.

It also might depend on your KVM - Display Port does not seem to provide a EDID when the display if off causing the KVM to switch - my old DVI based ones just kept the old EDID going for a few and the monitor stayed on that input since it never realized the box was gone.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
ty @Rand__ no kvm it's just this display lacks any option to disable auto-switching in osd. Maybe theres something via i2c(as i learned today) but not in the docs. Philips also doesnt list anything specific in the docs. Looking at a couple of Viewsonic displays they all appear to have that Auto Detect feature in OSD. So you can control that. Maybe I'll go with those. but maybe we still need a database?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
not sure how good your German is ;)
they review a lot of monitors and have a searchable database (Monitor-Suche aus mehr als 15.000 Modellen - Prad.de), unfortunately not with that specific aspect you arer looking for.
But maybe you can look up some of your candidates and if you are lucky they have some OSD screenshots in the review

Reactions: tinfoil3d

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
My Dells have an option for that - static on a specific input or auto select.

It also might depend on your KVM - Display Port does not seem to provide a EDID when the display if off causing the KVM to switch - my old DVI based ones just kept the old EDID going for a few and the monitor stayed on that input since it never realized the box was gone.
And so do my HP Z24i's or Dell 2007FP, the latter being based on a 20 year old monitor.

Reactions: tinfoil3d