Looking for Atom C3x00+10Gb owner

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

daleg

Oct 21, 2016
I'm looking for anyone who might be running an illumos distribution (preferably OmniOSce or OI) on a Atom C3x00 board that has the integrated X553-based 10Gb MAC. The PHY can be either SFP+ or BASE-T through the X557 (I think SMCI makes a board variant which has both - even better!)

I have a cut of the ixgbe driver that is updated to support the new X553 interface found on these Atom SoCs, however I personally lack the hardware to actually test the changes. Would someone like to try out the new driver?

Reactions: audio catalyst

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Not exactly this board but I can offer SSH access to a 11SPH-nCTPF and a X11SPH-nCTF in about 2-3 weeks (anounced delivery date). They also have new Intel 10G chips and are my proposed next gen servers.

daleg

Oct 21, 2016
Not exactly this board but I can offer SSH access to a 11SPH-nCTPF and a X11SPH-nCTF in about 2-3 weeks (anounced delivery date). They also have new Intel 10G chips and are my proposed next gen servers.
Those look like they're using a X722 MAC that has a KR link to X557-AT2 for implementing the 10GBASE-T PHYs. That would be covered by the i40e driver.

daleg

Oct 21, 2016
That one is perfect because it implements both SFP+ and 10GBASE-T. Where is a good source for just SMCI boards and chassis? Every place I look, only complete systems are offered. I'd like to build a system with this board inside a E200 or E300 chassis, but this combination does not seem to exist in a pre-made system.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I think wiredzone will build custom configuration for you if you want. Is not it’s pretty easy to build on those chassis with these SoC boards, not really much to do other than screw the board down and connect the front panel jumpers, power is the external brick.

daleg

Oct 21, 2016
Yeah, I'm totally down to build the system myself, it's just always seems that it's hard to find just the motherboards that aren't being sold from some shady-looking place. I'll check out wiredzone.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
All of our C3000 10G boards are being used for DemoEval. I can try, but may take some time.

Dan Bell

Mar 19, 2018
I'm looking for anyone who might be running an illumos distribution (preferably OmniOSce or OI) on a Atom C3x00 board that has the integrated X553-based 10Gb MAC. The PHY can be either SFP+ or BASE-T through the X557 (I think SMCI makes a board variant which has both - even better!)

I have a cut of the ixgbe driver that is updated to support the new X553 interface found on these Atom SoCs, however I personally lack the hardware to actually test the changes. Would someone like to try out the new driver?

I have just received my C3558 motherboard (SuperMicro A2SDI-4C). I have installed OI Hipster 2017.10 and updated driver_aliases with the address of the X553 Nic. After a reconfigure/reboot Modinfo shows ixgbe loaded, however dladm doesn't show any NICs. Nor does an ifconfig ixgbe0 plumb.
Could I perchance test your driver good sir, kind sir.
:)