Looking for 4 pin PWM+Tach silent fan

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Crond

Mar 25, 2019
Hi All,

I'm looking for 4 pin (PWM+Tachometer) quite fan.
I tried using Noctua, but for whatever reason neither Dell hardware nor Quanta see Tachometer/Frequency signal. If you guys have part number for 80mm and 40mm I would highly appreciate it.

TXAG26

Aug 2, 2016
Hi All,

I'm looking for 4 pin (PWM+Tachometer) quite fan.
I tried using Noctua, but for whatever reason neither Dell hardware nor Quanta see Tachometer/Frequency signal. If you guys have part number for 80mm and 40mm I would highly appreciate it.
I doubt Dell/Quanta fans are wired differently. Since you're going for silent, the fans may have not been spinning fast enough to register with the Dell/Quanta hardware. Is there a way to adjust the fan thresholds like can be done with Supermicro boards?

Crond

Mar 25, 2019
I doubt Dell/Quanta fans are wired differently. Since you're going for silent, the fans may have not been spinning fast enough to register with the Dell/Quanta hardware. Is there a way to adjust the fan thresholds like can be done with Supermicro boards?
They are wired differently. For example for quanta you need to swap PWM and FREQ signals.
Noctua is spinning fast enough to register since at 100% it's way above warning and almost 6x of critical TH. Either way it would register down to several hundred RPMs so it's something else.

based
https://noctua.at/media/wysiwyg/Noctua_PWM_specifications_white_paper.pdf
they use same open collector output with same 5mA limits as delta I'm replacing.
Either way I'm looking for alternative (I.E not Noctua)