Look what I have here...SFP+ to 10GBase-T

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Kev

Feb 16, 2015
Still testing on my SG500x switch. Looks promising. New generation PHY technology with lower power usage.

"This power-optimized solution enables 10GBASE-T for lengths up to 30 meters and 100 meters at 2.5GBASE-T and 5GBASE-T."

Update: Does not seem to work in my Cisco SG500x switch but it seems to work using my Sanlink2 Thunderbolt2 to SFP+ adapter for my Mac.

Attachments

Last edited:

maze

Apr 27, 2013
Ouch, stuff that cannot be found on eBay usually means one of two things. Fake or really expensive :)

J--

Aug 13, 2016
its real...
others:
HP 10GBase-T SFP+ Transceiver
ProLabs launches 10GBASE-T SFP+ Copper Transceiver

but there are cons:
probably power draw required by module is above SFP+ standard..which means its non-standard based...so I assume it will not work in any switch..
if it will work probably you cant have too much of them ( as it will take about 2.5W ) and it will be hot..( thermal consequence of that on switch )
Probably lose the latency advantage of SFP+ as well.

Kev

Feb 16, 2015
@Patrick, as these are on loan from a friend, I can send one to you to do an evaluation with all the switches you have if you are interested...PM me if you'd like.