liteon m.2 sata 128GB for $8 shipped

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Last edited:

Indecided

Sep 5, 2015
Thanks! Got 5. I think it's a reasonable price, needed to replace some boot drives that mysteriously went missing from some of our NUCs :mad:

Reactions: canta

Indecided

Sep 5, 2015
I suspect he just called it OK-ish because it seems lately every other post here gets criticized as not being a deal. That makes everyone a bit scared to call anything a deal after a while.
I think it's a great deal. Next up is $13.49 shipped, and while there have been sales at $12 for individual new drives occasionally in the past few months, nothing at this price range and quantity from a quick cursory sold item search. Those Naysayers! :eek:

canta

Nov 26, 2014
It was over very quick after I posted. my hope is some of you got the deal...
I saw one day earlier the ebay list while waiting for my kid's TKD, <ouch... bad habit hehe not paying attention to them while practicing >
the next day was still available ~30 in quantities and posted to sth.

yeah 2-3 week in the past, seeing comment not good deal, I try not to ignite the fire by commenting: ok-ish hahaha. <very good observation>

Indecided

Sep 5, 2015
Well, that's not very interesting....

anymore....

BECAUSE it's mostly ALL GONE! STH effect works wonders.

Well, just the NVMe really, and the single s840...haha.

Indecided

Sep 5, 2015
Not to be pedantic, but if you're looking at the bevy of 128GB M.2 drives the seller has, the one that was sold out at $8 had the newest (2017) production date. The rest are from 2014-2016, so while age isn't necessarily a sign of quality/wear, I hope the newer drive has better endurance and less hours towards MTBF.

Reactions: canta

teafarer

Jan 23, 2020
VA
The SATA drives + inexpensive enclosures would make great high-performing cheap flash drive substitutes. Might have to buy a few of these and a few enclosures and stop using regular flash drives.

Reactions: Marsh and canta

canta

Nov 26, 2014
The SATA drives + inexpensive enclosures would make great high-performing cheap flash drive substitutes. Might have to buy a few of these and a few enclosures and stop using regular flash drives.
well. Looking on lite-on CVx model is for industrial target. I am assuming something better than consumer grade

The first link is cv3 and has tlc , the last link is cv1 that has mlc (but older model)..

I did not post other due to non industrial target ssd.

I already buy cheap aluminum m.2 sata to usb 3.1. $6-$7 shipped from china and verified that works with trim bu running fstrim on linux. I am going to run full os on usb and use all 6 sata port for zfs... this is the plan.

other plan is buying extra cheap m.2 sata to usb bridge and use it as external storage. $15 total is not bad for real 128G external portable storage.

almost bought pm951 256g $15 but realized still have extra sabrent rocket 256g.... ha....

Reactions: Marsh and teafarer

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
"M.2"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I really wish these were mSATA instead as I have a bunch of mSATA-IDE adapters, but beggars can't be chosers right?

lopgok

Aug 14, 2017
I was reading the specs on the NVME drive, and was ready to buy it, but they all got sold out before I could buy.

If anyone knows of a source of inexpensive NVME m2 drives, I need one for a boot drive. The 256gb one would have been ideal :-(

Reactions: mimino