Lite-on DS-8ABSH Slim DVD $7.05 shipped

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Lambdariver

Mar 24, 2019
I recently had to use a dvd drive to load oracle’s hypervisor as their installer refused to work with usb drives. Also good when vendors paywall their drivers online and your account can’t access them because they managed to mess up the entitlements. That waste of a cd included in the box looks like gold then.

it’s enough to make ya look to the clouds!

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
to replace so that they can open to use as a cupholder? LOL
hahaha! The first time I read how people called into Dell tech support to call in because 'their cupholder was broken' shocked me. Now, nothing shocks me anymore.

herby

Aug 18, 2013
Nice! The DVD drive in my HTPC has been on the fritz, but I didn't have strong enough motivation to replace it.
For $7 I think I just found the energy. :p

Reactions: Samir and Sleyk

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Hey, they still have these in stock. I thought they would have sold out after a year, but I guess no one knows about this deal, lol. More drives for us!

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
I used to use VirtualDrive - FarStone Technology Inc. to make a virtual CD/DVD tower... it helped a friend's business where they had the service manuals on multiple (9-14 depending on the year) CD's. It was the fastest way to get the data to the mechanics.

that software in now only available with a subscription online...

Usually the software comes with the cd/DVD tower. or you get a hardware part that does the work for you. look at the Duplicators on newegg. it looks like they like Nero as their software.

Chris

Reactions: Sleyk and Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
haha, I think I bought like 10 of them before. I confess I haven't had a use for them though. I was thinking of building my own personal CD/DVD duplicator or something.

Anyone have an idea on what software to use?
There's so many freeware cd/dvd writers and I think infrarec and cdrtfe both allow multiple drives as targets. :)

Reactions: Sleyk