List of OEM/white-labeled Supermicro systems?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
I'm curious if anybody has familiarity with OEM/white-labeled systems.

Some I'm familiar with:
Unitrends Recovery MAX 91xx(?) => Supermicro SYS-5018D-FN4T
Velocloud Edge 840 => Supermicro SYS-5018D-FN8T

I've seen some 505 chassis with NRC badges but not sure which system they were. Also saw much of Nutanix-branded hardware is Supermicro but haven't seen any ITX.

Any others? Is there a list or maybe we can put together a list?

Last edited:
Reactions: rmcfadzean and abq

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I can tell you that when we did the Supermicro X13 launch, we filmed in the middle of the San Jose factory floor. It was the first time I had been there in years.

A huge amount of the new boxes being filled around us while filming were OEM servers other than Supermicro.

Perhaps the better question is if there is a list, or should be a list for reference?

Reactions: zac1

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
A huge amount of the new boxes being filled around us while filming were OEM servers other than Supermicro.

Perhaps the better question is if there is a list, or should be a list for reference?
Exactly! Updating post to rephrase. :)

Reactions: Patrick

rmcfadzean

Jan 26, 2021
I see we have similar interests, @zac1 :D

I'll confirm that the NCR badged gear in a 505 that you've seen is indeed a supermicro and in my case it was a SYS-5019D-4C-FN8TP / x11-sdv-4c-tp8f.

I couldn't see any NCR-specifc model info on it though. The sticker on the bottom is just a regular supermicro label.

If I come across any more, I'll let you know.

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
For the 1U cases like 505/512 and (to a lesser degree) 813/815, the OEM systems are too numerous to list. Firewalls appliances / security gateways, VPN concentrators, load balancers. I would think their OEM partnerships would not be public information.

I've been on the hunt for OEM 826 and 846 but haven't found many available.

Cisco CDE220 == 826 with an old X7 board, either SAS1 or SAS2 EL backplane, and often 48v PSUs.