List of NICs and their equivalent OEM parts

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

moriel5

Aug 4, 2019
@newabc @Samir I'm sorry I was offline for so long, however I have obtained one of those Chinese i210AS cards, and unless the chip itself was falsified, this looks to be just as genuine as all those Chinese motherboards on AliExpress, i.e. genuine chip transplanted over from a genuine card over to a low-cost board.

While I have yet to fully test it (I need to obtain some transceivers, as my only transciever currently is a G.PON transceiver), at the very least it shows up as the real deal, and connects to the transciever as well as my Dell Y40PH (yes, I managed to obtain one locally from an e-recycler who also resells what he isn't required to destroy (I was surprised that there are even e-recyclers in my country, as most businesses here either are legally required to destroy their old hardware or they just throw it all away) does.

By the way Samir, I had checked since then, and the i210AS seems to have been a special embedded model of the i210 with only a single NIC meant for embedded applications (perhaps as modules, or single purpose devices), at least according to Intel's documentation.

I was fully aware of it being only SFP and not SFP+, which was what I was searching for at the time when looking for an x1 card that would be fully utilized on a single PCIe 2 (or even 1) lane.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
By the way Samir, I had checked since then, and the i210AS seems to have been a special embedded model of the i210 with only a single NIC meant for embedded applications (perhaps as modules, or single purpose devices), at least according to Intel's documentation.
The problem is that if it was never intended to be put on a nic, then probably some features of the real i210 won't be there unless the the chinese boards somehow rigged things to either look like they are working or figure out a bypass to intel's blocks. Either way, this is the type of stuff I just stay away from. I would trust it more if someone in the homelab community was making these nics by hand, but coming straight from shadyland is a 'hell no' moment for me.

CIR-Engineering

I am a functional adult?
Jan 14, 2021
Chicago USA
www.cir-engineering.com
Does anyone know the power consumption of the I340-T2? I'm really just curious. I put together an OPNsense box for my mom in an HP T620 PLUS bare meta. I went with the I340 primarily because a seller listed five server pulls for $15 each shipped, and the I350's were $40 or more. The system doesn't have to do anything but be a very basic bare metal router, so I didn't really need the features of the I350 anyway. I'm assuming it's like 2.5-3.0 watts? All the data around is for the T4 and that's like 4.3-4.4 watts.

I also suspect less issues with counterfeit as everyone wants the I350-T4, not really the I340-T2. The one I ordered has a yottamark sticker as well and is the Intel part number.

Reactions: Samir

unmesh

Apr 17, 2017
Does anyone know the power consumption of the I340-T2? I'm really just curious. I put together an OPNsense box for my mom in an HP T620 PLUS bare meta. I went with the I340 primarily because a seller listed five server pulls for $15 each shipped, and the I350's were $40 or more. The system doesn't have to do anything but be a very basic bare metal router, so I didn't really need the features of the I350 anyway. I'm assuming it's like 2.5-3.0 watts? All the data around is for the T4 and that's like 4.3-4.4 watts.

I also suspect less issues with counterfeit as everyone wants the I350-T4, not really the I340-T2. The one I ordered has a yottamark sticker as well and is the Intel part number.
Intel shows the 4-port at 4.4W and the 2-port doesn't come up on a search.

This is a phenomenal price though.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO

Researching this a bit, I ran across this STH article which in the comments, someone mentioned that there seems to be new fake 340s on the market now:

CIR-Engineering

I am a functional adult?
Jan 14, 2021
Chicago USA
www.cir-engineering.com
Intel shows the 4-port at 4.4W and the 2-port doesn't come up on a search.

This is a phenomenal price though.
Yeah, I mad my guess on 2.5-3.0 watts based on the T4 datasheet. The T2's don't even have a heat sink ever it seems.

These were them:

I was hoping there would be some left for you folks but they are gone. My card got here today. Works well.

CIR-Engineering

I am a functional adult?
Jan 14, 2021
Chicago USA
www.cir-engineering.com
Researching this a bit, I ran across this STH article which in the comments, someone mentioned that there seems to be new fake 340s on the market now:
Haven't looked into this yet because I think the possibility is slight on an I340-T2, it's just not a comparatively desirable card. Still one never knows so I will do my research. Thanks.

EDIT: Mine does not have the yottamark as the one in the listing photo does.

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
i350am series seem to be good. but i340 may be from recycle. many years ago, some news already said lots of old chips, cpus were from recycle only. There was a famous market, Shenzhen Huaqiangbei. even such news was sad to whom needs them, but it is fact.

Last edited:

CIR-Engineering

I am a functional adult?
Jan 14, 2021
Chicago USA
www.cir-engineering.com

CIR-Engineering

I am a functional adult?
Jan 14, 2021
Chicago USA
www.cir-engineering.com
Firmware for the I340/I350 should be in the complete PROSET package under APPS\BootUtil.
That's what I thought, but it's like Intel removed it for the I340. It says it's not the correct firmware when I try and flash. If you look at the release notes the I340 is absent as well. I even downloaded the oldest version on Intel's site and the I340 isn't even in that! It's like Intel is, "Let's pretend this never happened."

Dopamin3

Aug 30, 2023
Would like to see Intel X710-T2L added to the list. 2x 10/5/2.5/1GbE RJ45 with wide OS support for NBASE-T looks like a great card (albeit seems so pricy)

pvn0

Dec 6, 2021
Does anyone have a genuine Fujitsu D2755-A11 (GS3 model)? If so can you post a good high res picture of it please? I've been searching ebay for one and there seem to be a lot of fakes going around , all GS3 model but can notice slightly different components on the pcb.

Nov 12, 2023
Hi,

New to PCIe networking cards. Did my research and looked up a Silicom PE210G2SPI9 for 45 Euro. Which should be a Intel x520-DA2 (82599ES). Is this a good offer for a commercial retailer from inside the country? Will I need to flash something? Which SFP+ modules to go for? Thanks for your advise. Way too much info and no idea where to start/go from o_O

Edit: Went with a Mellanox ConnectX-3 card now. While the Intel would suffice it is more restricting on the SFP modules. The Mellanox simply does take anything without hassle. That was the info, which I've lacked before. Maybe it helps someone else :)

Last edited: