List of NICs and their equivalent OEM parts

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

moriel5

Aug 4, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO

newabc

Jan 20, 2019

moriel5

Aug 4, 2019
This is an i210 chip mod or variant for SFP (not sfp+). If you really want SFP with old intel chip, I think i350 will be better.
Thanks, that makes sense.

And I agree, however unfortunately, the board that will be used lacks the physical clearance to use x4 cards in an x1 slot (PWM fan header obstructing clearance, rendering mods useless), and the x16 slot is already going to have an x4 quad-port NEC EXP182A in it), and the i340-F2 I was told about on Reddit, for all I can find, is x4 only (more information in the post I had made in regards to reusing an OptiPlex 3020 SFF chassis for building a router/server).

Last edited:

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
Thanks, that makes sense.

And I agree, however unfortunately, the board that will be used lacks the physical clearance to use x4 cards in an x1 slot (PWM fan header obstructing clearance, rendering mods useless), and the x16 slot is already going to have an x4 quad-port NEC EXP182A in it), and the i340-F2 I was told about on Reddit, for all I can find, is x4 only (more information in the post I had made in regards to reusing an OptiPlex 3020 SFF chassis for building a router/server).
LR-Link has i350AM2 chip SFP NICs with pcie x1(link, dual port link), 10gtek has too. But they are pretty expensive comparing to RJ45. By the way, I got a quad port RJ45 i350am4 with pcie x1 on ebay in last year or 2020.

But all of them will not be recognized by Intel program as an Intel brand NIC when installing official Intel driver on Windows, but all the default Intel drivers on all the platforms(Linux/Win/FreeBSD ...) will work well.

Last edited:

moriel5

Aug 4, 2019
LR-Link has i350AM2 chip SFP NICs with pcie x1(link, dual port link), 10gtek has too. But they are pretty expensive comparing to RJ45. By the way, I got a quad port RJ45 i350am4 with pcie x1 on ebay in last year or 2020.

But all of them will not be recognized by Intel program as an Intel brand NIC when installing official Intel driver on Windows, but all the default Intel drivers on all the platforms(Linux/Win/FreeBSD ...) will work well.
Yeah, I saw those as well, including the price...

How is your x1 i350am4 holding up so far?

And I'm not really worried about Intel's official installer, as I daily drive Linux, and when I do boot up Windows, I generally go for the minimal driver packages regardless.

newabc

Jan 20, 2019
Yeah, I saw those as well, including the price...

How is your x1 i350am4 holding up so far?

And I'm not really worried about Intel's official installer, as I daily drive Linux, and when I do boot up Windows, I generally go for the minimal driver packages regardless.
They are more expensive than last year when it was around $50 - $60 and shipped from US. and I only found 1 or 2 under $100 on aliexpress.com now: link

Update: I don't think I can get firmware update or any other update from the factory. Actually I am pretty rare to use it now: only when I am not able to use a SFP+ NIC but need extra bandwidth more than 1gbps to the NAS.

Last edited:

moriel5

Aug 4, 2019
They are more expensive than last year when it was around $50 - $60 and shipped from US. and I only found 1 or 2 under $100 on aliexpress.com now: link

Update: I don't think I can get firmware update or any other update from the factory. Actually I am pretty rare to use it now: only when I am not able to use a SFP+ NIC but need extra bandwidth more than 1gbps to the NAS.
Funnily enough, the item you linked shows that it can be shipped to my country, however it does not appear in the search results at all when I search for it.

And I'm not surprised as to the firmware situation, however it's nice to hear that it is still holding up.

moriel5

Aug 4, 2019
The searching function on aliexpress is not good. I usually use google to search with "site:aliexpress.com".
Yeah, I know that their search function is horrible (they translate your query to English if it is not already, and then to Chinese, with the reverse done to show you the description), however I have even worse results when trying the ""site:aliexpress.com" method, since the results have nothing to do with which countries are shipped to and the prices.

I don't use Google, rather DuckDuckGo (which also usually gives me better results), however I tested with both for this, and with both it was equally bad, and worse than just using AliExpress's search function (which I use DuckDuckGo's !bang extension, !ali, for quicker access).

zedalert

Feb 2, 2022
Has anyone tried IBM/Lenovo 10G adapters (I believe made by Celestica) outside of their SAN servers? Found some on eBay starting from $40 for quad port SFP+ SFF 10GbE NICs, but not sure what kind of chip they are using, there is almost no information about it. This NIC can be found with different PNs - 00AR313, 00AR316, 00AR319, 00NC505, 01DC663, 2145-AH12, etc., but it's overall look remains the same.

manubit

Sep 14, 2017
How come your sale isn't showing up when I search sold items?
I’m not sure. I don’t even know how to search eBay for sold items.
Seller had it listed for $20. I offered him $10 via message. He accepted and then sent me the same as an offer so the sale could go through.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I’m not sure. I don’t even know how to search eBay for sold items.
Seller had it listed for $20. I offered him $10 via message. He accepted and then sent me the same as an offer so the sale could go through.
You just select the 'sold' checkbox on the sidebar and it will only show sold stuff for your particular search--it's a good way to know what you should be paying for an item. :)

But this only works for the region you're in--if you're in a different region, it won't search across regions. Did you buy this other than on the US site?

manubit

Sep 14, 2017
You just select the 'sold' checkbox on the sidebar and it will only show sold stuff for your particular search--it's a good way to know what you should be paying for an item. :)

But this only works for the region you're in--if you're in a different region, it won't search across regions. Did you buy this other than on the US site?
It was bought from the US site.