Likelihood of a fake Chelsio.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

craneopbru

Oct 12, 2015
We all know the saying "If it sounds too good to be true..."

I found a dual port Chelsio 10gbe card with 2 transceivers included for a VERY reasonable price. Almost TOO reasonable.

It's shipping from china, which is making me even more hesitant.

Are there known to have been fakes produced before? Is it worth gambling on? Listing is at $80US OBO for the card and transceivers.

The seller doesn't list the Chelsio model name, only the part number. As far as I can tell, it's an n320.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
I wouldn't order the item, unless you are okay with receiving a potentially bad/wrong/fake product.

I think it is not highly likely that the product is actually fake like the i350 cards.
I think it is more likely that you will receive something that superficially has the same specs, like a x520 or connectx-2 card or perhaps something original that was salvaged from a server sent to be scrapped.

At the end of the day, there are no guarantees, and as such you should act accordingly.
I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I have a feeling that you already knew what the answer would be ;)

craneopbru

Oct 12, 2015
The pictures in the auction are definitely of a Cheslio card and I'd have ebay buyer protection, but I'd be shafted paying return shipping to China for a refund.

I was half hoping for someone to talk me out of buying yet something else that I really don't need but really do want. Not working out so far. My wallet curses the day I found the site and that blasted "Great Deals" forum. lol

Attachments