LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MrBios

Feb 21, 2022
For anyone who owns the X13SAE-F

Is it possible to disable the E-cores in the BIOS of the X13SAE-F ? Wanted to run Server 2019/2022 with Hyper-V, I understand this only works if the E-Cores are disabled.

Also does the BIOS allow the adjustment of PL1 & PL2 ?

Thanks.
yes you can disable E cores in Bios for X13SAE-F

But damn i didnt know HyperV had issues with E cores... anyone know if they is a fix... my google search so far suggests the issue still exists

bambi123

Oct 12, 2022
yes you can disable E cores in Bios for X13SAE-F

But damn i didnt know HyperV had issues with E cores... anyone know if they is a fix... my google search so far suggests the issue still exists
Not that I have seen, seems like something that is not going to be fixed until the Server CPU's start introducing E cores.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Not that I have seen, seems like something that is not going to be fixed until the Server CPU's start introducing E cores.
afaik the problem is not all cores have hyperthreading enabled (or not enalbeld). diabling HT in the P cores should help, but not wanted thought.
try disabling hyperthreading only in one socket of a dual socket server board, i bet there will be issues too.

bambi123

Oct 12, 2022
afaik the problem is not all cores have hyperthreading enabled (or not enalbeld). diabling HT in the P cores should help, but not wanted thought.
try disabling hyperthreading only in one socket of a dual socket server board, i bet there will be issues too.
Not seen anyone mention this, and it does look like people have tried many things to get it to work, and so far only disabling E-cores works.

mirrormax

Apr 10, 2020
no but wonder why theres no sae-f bios update, would get a 13900k to test as soon as thats out.

Weapon

Oct 19, 2013
I got my X13AE-F setup today with a 12900K and 2x 16GB Corsair DDR5 5200. I can't get any video out from the motherboard and although I can log in to the BMC, it only shows the following loading screen. Any ideas? The CPU was pulled from a working system. I haven't tested the RAM and don't have any other DDR5 or DDR5 motherboards on hand.

Attachments

uldise

Jul 2, 2020
why no video
check video jumper position if exists.. are you connected to VGA port? i'm not sure if BMC output shows on other ports..
i had similar "no video" problem on X11 server board - had to reflash the same BIOS version with default setting restore to get it working - that was very weird, but it helped.

Weapon

Oct 19, 2013
I haven't tried JPG1 but changing this setting in the BIOS seems to have fixed the issue, although strangely, now the BMC video doesn't work until the splash screen disappears

I am connected over HDMI and previously tried display port as well

Attachments

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
although strangely, now the BMC video doesn't work until the splash screen disappears

I am connected over HDMI and previously tried display port as well
the iGPU is initialized latest, like BMC with PCIe GPU.

Weapon

Oct 19, 2013
Sorry, I'm not following you on the JPG1 jumper. It's currently set to pins 2-3. Why would this have any affect on my iGPU video out?

edit: So the BMC video out being active causes the iGPU to be initialized last? But shouldn't it still initialize and show video eventually?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
edit: So the BMC video out being active causes the iGPU to be initialized last?
i meant the BMC VGA is deeper in the BIOS and is available earlier, the CPU has to be initialized, including the iGPU.

Weapon

Oct 19, 2013
Supermicro said:
Based on the memory part#, it’s an over-clocking memory which is not compatible to this model. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...y---Black/p/CMK32GX5M2B5200C38#tab-tech-specs

Please kindly use any DDR5 4800MHz memory like in our tested memory list. Memory List | Supermicro

After changing the primary display to “iGFX”, the BMC via HTML5 won’t work under the DOS mode which is normal.
Supermicro is blaming the problem on my 5200MHz RAM. Seems strange to me that would cause the iGPU not to auto initialize. Any thoughts before I order some 4800MHz memory to test? Or a way to get both the iGPU and BMC video during DOS mode at the same time?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Seems strange to me that would cause the iGPU not to auto initialize
no one sayd that. two different things.
Or a way to get both the iGPU and BMC video during DOS mode at the same time?
" After changing the primary display to “iGFX”, the BMC via HTML5 won’t work under the DOS mode which is normal. "
means not a 5200Mhz(overvoltage?) issue.
the BMC has access to its own VGA unit, not the iGPU