Drag to reposition cover

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Parallax

Nov 8, 2020
London, UK
Thanks for the suggestion, but no such module. I'm mirroring two NVME drives, wanted to check the performance of RST because my bet it should perform the best, and with the least stolen cpu. mdraid handles native RST on Linux and i can not see any devices on the IO ports besides a single SATA port. I'm afraid that this is the same as with the P350, but will try a Microsoft Windows install tomorrow. Pure SW raid (mdraid) cuts throughput in half of individual disk in a raid1 volume. ZFS performs much better read wise. BTRFS is the worst performing. 2xCrucial P5Pro 512Gb, 10500T, 32G
The RST code itself in the Linux kernel is not particularly confidence-inspiring about performance on NVMe drives, it seems that some of the drive functionality is not available when using RST and they talk about "reduced performance through a shared legacy interrupt" and no power management or reset support for NVMe drives.

In case you hadn't seen : [PATCH v2 0/5] Support Intel AHCI remapped NVMe devices

cadillac

Aug 16, 2022
The RST code itself in the Linux kernel is not particularly confidence-inspiring about performance on NVMe drives, it seems that some of the drive functionality is not available when using RST and they talk about "reduced performance through a shared legacy interrupt" and no power management or reset support for NVMe drives.

In case you hadn't seen : [PATCH v2 0/5] Support Intel AHCI remapped NVMe devices
Thanks for the information, i did not find that thread. Looks like this is not supported on linux, as the proposed approach of remapping it back ti pcie did not got approved by maintainers. I don't really understand why did they choose that approach tho, AFAIK this is a RAID volume managed by IMSM, and could handled like that intead of a special fake nvme drive.

Currently the DMI link between the CPU and PCH is the biggest bottleneck of this machine, and my guess is that causes the performance loss using pure sw raid. A single NVME drive can saturate the DMI. Only half is available for each drive when they are accessed simultaneously, and that puts the mirrors speed well below a single disks speed. I think RST helps in this case, and will do some testing on windows.

Last edited:

Parallax

Nov 8, 2020
London, UK
Thanks for the information, i did not find that thread. Looks like this is not supported on linux, as the proposed approach of remapping it back ti pcie did not got approved by maintainers. I don't really understand why did they choose that approach tho, AFAIK this is a RAID volume managed by IMSM, and could handled like that intead of a special fake nvme drive.
I got the impression from the discussions that Intel had submitted the code sort of as a blob and then more or less walked away from it, so then the maintainers had to deal with what they had. Then it looked like support suddenly became urgent when modern consumer gear started using RST as the interface to the drives - not a change I had noticed myself - presumably on the assumption that everyone was going to run Windows. Someone mentioned that some manufacturers no longer provide Linux as a factory installed OS as a result.

Anyway in sum the state of it does not look great, unfortunately. And earlier in the thread we discovered that on the P350 anyway the platform now only natively supports Intel branded NVMe drives, irrespective of OS I believe.

Reactions: Helzy

movax

May 15, 2022
I've got a M90q build that's just waiting on a 3D printed bracket for a Chelsio T520 -- it does fit if you remove the front speaker bracket / WiFi antenna. I bought with the 65 W TDP CPU and swapped in a i9-11900T. Currently running Proxmox for Home Assistant and HomeBridge... once I get a bracket, going to add OPNsense to the mix.

I messaged kz476 a few months back and didn't hear back... is he still active on Reddit? I guess I could switch to the Supermicro card, but I'm willing to mail the T520 to get measured.

adman_c

Feb 14, 2016
Chicago
I've got a M90q build that's just waiting on a 3D printed bracket for a Chelsio T520 -- it does fit if you remove the front speaker bracket / WiFi antenna. I bought with the 65 W TDP CPU and swapped in a i9-11900T. Currently running Proxmox for Home Assistant and HomeBridge... once I get a bracket, going to add OPNsense to the mix.

I messaged kz476 a few months back and didn't hear back... is he still active on Reddit? I guess I could switch to the Supermicro card, but I'm willing to mail the T520 to get measured.
kz476 is active—he just printed me brackets for the Supermicro and cx311a. I’d recommend just buying the supermicro card because it fits so well in these Tinys without any further modifications.

movax

May 15, 2022
kz476 is active—he just printed me brackets for the Supermicro and cx311a. I’d recommend just buying the supermicro card because it fits so well in these Tinys without any further modifications.
Fair point -- looks like that one is based on the 82599ES chipset, so should be good for my needs. I have the FS.com SFP reprogramming kit as well, so I can see if I need to mess with the Chelsio-compatible optics I had bought for it.

Guess I have a T520 to offload now...

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017

movax

May 15, 2022
Is this the kit?

Yep that's the one -- haven't given it a whirl yet, but it's sitting in my Packout (yep) with all my various SFPs... just cheaper / easier to get them in bulk sometimes.

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017
I've just set up a PiKVM to control my Tinys, is anyone interested in a writeup?
That's interesting I'm doing a physical and virtual one at them moment as well. Just waiting on my last Tiny to arrive now. Did you purchase a V3 or DiY?

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017
Hmm was doing a fresh RST RAID 1 install last night and noted on Intel's RST site that RST is not supported in Linux now.

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017
New M60q Tiny Chromebox announced eh?

Reactions: Parallax

Parallax

Nov 8, 2020
London, UK
New M60q Tiny Chromebox announced eh?

Interesting, but (from a homelabbing perspective) spec-wise I think it sits uncomfortably between a Pi and a "proper" Tiny without the benefits of either. Also not sure if it's possible to de-Chrome it and install a full Linux OS. But ... maybe it will flop and we can pick them up cheap to play with in a year. :p

Cartwheel8704

Sep 10, 2022
Howdy! First post here. I recently grabbed an m710q to run as a lite Proxmox host with an Ubuntu server VM for Plex and a few other toys.

I was hoping I could use this to replace my ancient win10 Sandy Bridge box, which is on its last legs as a media/file server.

I was planning to use one of those nifty JMB585 M.2 to 5 port SATA controllers to passthrough a JBOD enclosure, and maybe run a TrueNAS or OMV VM to manage the discs.

Unfortunately, it seems this idea is dead on arrival. The HDD activity lights come on when a SATA drive is connected to them, but I can't get Proxmox (or the BIOS, for that matter) to recognize the controller.

Code:
root@pve1:~# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v6/7th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 05)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 630 (rev 04)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 200 Series/Z370 Chipset Family USB 3.0 xHCI Controller
00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH Thermal Subsystem
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH CSME HECI #1
00:17.0 RAID bus controller: Intel Corporation SATA Controller [RAID mode]
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH LPC Controller (B250)
00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation 200 Series/Z370 Chipset Family Power Management Controller
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH HD Audio
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation 200 Series/Z370 Chipset Family SMBus Controller
00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
I know Lenovo did some funky stuff with whitelisting WAN cards, but it seems I made some assumptions that the m.2 bus was simply a set of PCI-E lanes that I could use for whatever I'd like. It detects a whitelabel Samsung NVME 128gb without any issue (mzvpv128hdgm).

Does anyone know what I might be missing here - or a potential workaround (BIOS mods or the like)?

I can always clean out the old box and let it run as a dedicated NAS but I was really hoping to downsize.

joeribl

Jun 6, 2021
Howdy! First post here. I recently grabbed an m710q to run as a lite Proxmox host with an Ubuntu server VM for Plex and a few other toys.

I was hoping I could use this to replace my ancient win10 Sandy Bridge box, which is on its last legs as a media/file server.

I was planning to use one of those nifty JMB585 M.2 to 5 port SATA controllers to passthrough a JBOD enclosure, and maybe run a TrueNAS or OMV VM to manage the discs.

Unfortunately, it seems this idea is dead on arrival. The HDD activity lights come on when a SATA drive is connected to them, but I can't get Proxmox (or the BIOS, for that matter) to recognize the controller.

Code:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v6/7th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 05)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 200 Series/Z370 Chipset Family USB 3.0 xHCI Controller
00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH Thermal Subsystem
00:17.0 RAID bus controller: Intel Corporation SATA Controller [RAID mode]
00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation 200 Series/Z370 Chipset Family Power Management Controller
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation 200 Series/Z370 Chipset Family SMBus Controller
I know Lenovo did some funky stuff with whitelisting WAN cards, but it seems I made some assumptions that the m.2 bus was simply a set of PCI-E lanes that I could use for whatever I'd like. It detects a whitelabel Samsung NVME 128gb without any issue (mzvpv128hdgm).

Does anyone know what I might be missing here - or a potential workaround (BIOS mods or the like)?

I can always clean out the old box and let it run as a dedicated NAS but I was really hoping to downsize.
Maybe something to do with the key-ing. I recently installed a NIC in the wifi slot. That works fine, but is A+E key. Your SATA card seems to be B or B+M key. Maybe you can try a converter: US $2.67 20%OFF | M2 KEY A-E to M2 NVME Adapter Convert Card Riser NGFF TO KEY-M Expansion Slot WiFi Interface to M2 NVME Support 2230-2280 M2 SSD

Reactions: Cartwheel8704

Cartwheel8704

Sep 10, 2022
Maybe something to do with the key-ing. I recently installed a NIC in the wifi slot. That works fine, but is A+E key. Your SATA card seems to be B or B+M key. Maybe you can try a converter
Brilliant thanks for the reply.

In my enthusiasm, and lack of trust for these questionable controllers, I actually bought a few backups. Some of them are made by seeed and have have B/M keying, but I had no luck with these either.

For reference, I'd done the INVALID Model No/Serial No trick when flashing the BIOS (which is supposedly a shortcut to disable whitelisting, if you can tolerate the beeping on boot).

Just a note to throw out these in case anyone has the same issue, I actually bricked this mobo by doing a standard BIOS update through Lenovo's Win10 Vantage software (avoid!). The old school AMIBOOT.ROM trick (with jumper pins in clr_cmos mode) recovered the boot block - I thought I was boned for a few days.

Anyway, coming back to this m.2>SATA controller. I've just tried again today with one of the seeed B/M keys, and for some godly unknown reason - it's showing up!

Bash:
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH SATA controller [AHCI mode]
00:1b.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 200 Series PCH PCI Express Root Port #21 (rev f0)
01:00.0 SATA controller: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB58x AHCI SATA controller
I had been flicking things on and off in the BIOS, and can't remember exactly what I did. I disabled CSM mode, increased the PCI-E length to 256mb and tried switching the internal SATA controller off/on. One of those things did it - I'm not touching it again to find out! In a quick initial test, I've also confirmed that Proxmox is able to passthrough to a spare disk I had lying around:

1662865637480.png

So it turns out you can turn these diabolical machines into a NAS. I imagine if you were to somehow convert m.2 slot/s to full size PCI-E, an LSI HBA would work too - and theoretically, you can could run whole DAS bays on these things.

Onwards and upwards!

Last edited:

wibbler

Sep 11, 2022
hey, I am looking at buying one of these

I don't suppose anyone has a "lspci -vv" (as root) output for the p3XX or m90q (any generation)?

(mostly interested ARIFwd+ being available for lots and lots of VMs with SR-IOV)

cadillac

Aug 16, 2022
hey, I am looking at buying one of these

I don't suppose anyone has a "lspci -vv" (as root) output for the p3XX or m90q (any generation)?

(mostly interested ARIFwd+ being available for lots and lots of VMs with SR-IOV)
m90q Gen1
Code:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Comet Lake-S 6c Host Bridge/DRAM Controller (rev 03)
    DeviceName: Onboard - Other
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device 316a
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0
    Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=10 <?>
    Kernel driver in use: skl_uncore

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation CometLake-S GT2 [UHD Graphics 630] (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    DeviceName: Onboard - Video
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 154
    Region 0: Memory at 9e000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
    Region 2: Memory at a0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    Region 4: I/O ports at 3000 [size=64]
    Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [virtual] [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: [40] Vendor Specific Information: Len=0c <?>
    Capabilities: [70] Express (v2) Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
        DevCap:    MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0
            ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset+
        DevCtl:    CorrErr- NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq-
            RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop- FLReset-
            MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
        DevSta:    CorrErr- NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq- AuxPwr- TransPend-
        DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis- NROPrPrP- LTR-
             10BitTagComp- 10BitTagReq- OBFF Not Supported, ExtFmt- EETLPPrefix-
             EmergencyPowerReduction Not Supported, EmergencyPowerReductionInit-
             FRS-
             AtomicOpsCap: 32bit- 64bit- 128bitCAS-
        DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis- LTR- 10BitTagReq- OBFF Disabled,
             AtomicOpsCtl: ReqEn-
    Capabilities: [ac] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
        Address: fee00018  Data: 0000
    Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
        Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [100 v1] Process Address Space ID (PASID)
        PASIDCap: Exec- Priv-, Max PASID Width: 14
        PASIDCtl: Enable- Exec- Priv-
    Capabilities: [200 v1] Address Translation Service (ATS)
        ATSCap:    Invalidate Queue Depth: 00
        ATSCtl:    Enable-, Smallest Translation Unit: 00
    Capabilities: [300 v1] Page Request Interface (PRI)
        PRICtl: Enable- Reset-
        PRISta: RF- UPRGI- Stopped+
        Page Request Capacity: 00008000, Page Request Allocation: 00000000
    Kernel driver in use: i915
    Kernel modules: i915

00:04.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core Processor Thermal Subsystem (rev 03)
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
    Region 0: Memory at 9f330000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32K]
    Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
        Address: 00000000  Data: 0000
    Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 3
        Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=0c <?>
    Kernel driver in use: proc_thermal
    Kernel modules: processor_thermal_device_pci_legacy

00:08.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/v6 / E3-1500 v5 / 6th/7th/8th Gen Core Processor Gaussian Mixture Model
    Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 255
    Region 0: Memory at 9f347000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
    Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [f0] PCI Advanced Features
        AFCap: TP+ FLR+
        AFCtrl: FLR-
        AFStatus: TP-

00:12.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH Thermal Controller
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Region 0: Memory at 9f346000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
    Kernel driver in use: intel_pch_thermal
    Kernel modules: intel_pch_thermal

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake USB 3.1 xHCI Host Controller (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 125
    Region 0: Memory at 9f320000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 2
        Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/8 Maskable- 64bit+
        Address: 00000000fee002d8  Data: 0000
    Capabilities: [90] Vendor Specific Information: Len=14 <?>
    Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
    Kernel modules: xhci_pci

00:14.2 RAM memory: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH Shared SRAM
    Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Region 0: Memory at 9f33e000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=8K]
    Region 2: Memory at 9f345000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 3

00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake HECI Controller
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 153
    Region 0: Memory at 9f344000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [8c] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Address: 00000000fee00658  Data: 0000
    Capabilities: [a4] Vendor Specific Information: Len=14 <?>
    Kernel driver in use: mei_me
    Kernel modules: mei_me

00:16.3 Serial controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake Keyboard and Text (KT) Redirection (prog-if 02 [16550])
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 19
    Region 0: I/O ports at 30a0 [size=8]
    Region 1: Memory at 9f343000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [40] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Address: 0000000000000000  Data: 0000
    Kernel driver in use: serial

00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake SATA AHCI Controller (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
    DeviceName: Onboard - SATA
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 124
    Region 0: Memory at 9f33c000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
    Region 1: Memory at 9f342000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    Region 2: I/O ports at 3090 [size=8]
    Region 3: I/O ports at 3080 [size=4]
    Region 4: I/O ports at 3060 [size=32]
    Region 5: Memory at 9f341000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
    Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
        Address: fee002b8  Data: 0000
    Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 3
        Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [a8] SATA HBA v1.0 BAR4 Offset=00000004
    Kernel driver in use: ahci

00:1b.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCI Express Root Port #17 (rev f0) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 122
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: [disabled] [16-bit]
    Memory behind bridge: 9f200000-9f2fffff [size=1M] [32-bit]
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: [disabled] [64-bit]
    Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
    BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- VGA16+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
        PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
    Capabilities: [40] Express (v2) Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
        DevCap:    MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0
            ExtTag- RBE+
        DevCtl:    CorrErr+ NonFatalErr+ FatalErr+ UnsupReq+
            RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
            MaxPayload 256 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
        DevSta:    CorrErr- NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
        LnkCap:    Port #17, Speed 8GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <1us, L1 <16us
            ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep+ BwNot+ ASPMOptComp+
        LnkCtl:    ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes, Disabled- CommClk+
            ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
        LnkSta:    Speed 8GT/s, Width x4
            TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt+ ABWMgmt-
        SltCap:    AttnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AttnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug- Surprise-
            Slot #20, PowerLimit 25W; Interlock- NoCompl+
        SltCtl:    Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq- LinkChg-
            Control: AttnInd Unknown, PwrInd Unknown, Power- Interlock-
        SltSta:    Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet+ Interlock-
            Changed: MRL- PresDet- LinkState-
        RootCap: CRSVisible-
        RootCtl: ErrCorrectable- ErrNon-Fatal- ErrFatal- PMEIntEna+ CRSVisible-
        RootSta: PME ReqID 0000, PMEStatus- PMEPending-
        DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range ABC, TimeoutDis+ NROPrPrP- LTR+
             FRS- LN System CLS Not Supported, TPHComp- ExtTPHComp- ARIFwd+
             AtomicOpsCap: Routing- 32bit- 64bit- 128bitCAS-
        DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis- LTR+ 10BitTagReq- OBFF Disabled, ARIFwd-
             AtomicOpsCtl: ReqEn- EgressBlck-
        LnkCap2: Supported Link Speeds: 2.5-8GT/s, Crosslink- Retimer- 2Retimers- DRS-
        LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 8GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
             Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
             Compliance Preset/De-emphasis: -6dB de-emphasis, 0dB preshoot
        LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -3.5dB, EqualizationComplete+ EqualizationPhase1+
             EqualizationPhase2+ EqualizationPhase3+ LinkEqualizationRequest-
             Retimer- 2Retimers- CrosslinkRes: unsupported
        Address: fee00258  Data: 0000
    Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Lenovo Device 316a
    Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 3
        Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [100 v1] Advanced Error Reporting
        UESta:    DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
        UEMsk:    DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt+ RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
        UESvrt:    DLP+ SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
        CESta:    RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- AdvNonFatalErr-
        CEMsk:    RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- AdvNonFatalErr+
        AERCap:    First Error Pointer: 00, ECRCGenCap- ECRCGenEn- ECRCChkCap- ECRCChkEn-
            MultHdrRecCap- MultHdrRecEn- TLPPfxPres- HdrLogCap-
        HeaderLog: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        RootCmd: CERptEn+ NFERptEn+ FERptEn+
        RootSta: CERcvd- MultCERcvd- UERcvd- MultUERcvd-
             FirstFatal- NonFatalMsg- FatalMsg- IntMsg 0
        ErrorSrc: ERR_COR: 0000 ERR_FATAL/NONFATAL: 0000
    Capabilities: [140 v1] Access Control Services
        ACSCap:    SrcValid+ TransBlk+ ReqRedir+ CmpltRedir+ UpstreamFwd- EgressCtrl- DirectTrans-
        ACSCtl:    SrcValid- TransBlk- ReqRedir- CmpltRedir- UpstreamFwd- EgressCtrl- DirectTrans-
    Capabilities: [150 v1] Precision Time Measurement
        PTMCap: Requester:- Responder:+ Root:+
        PTMClockGranularity: 4ns
        PTMControl: Enabled:+ RootSelected:+
        PTMEffectiveGranularity: Unknown
    Capabilities: [200 v1] L1 PM Substates
        L1SubCap: PCI-PM_L1.2+ PCI-PM_L1.1+ ASPM_L1.2+ ASPM_L1.1+ L1_PM_Substates+
              PortCommonModeRestoreTime=40us PortTPowerOnTime=44us
        L1SubCtl1: PCI-PM_L1.2+ PCI-PM_L1.1+ ASPM_L1.2+ ASPM_L1.1-
               T_CommonMode=40us LTR1.2_Threshold=65536ns
        L1SubCtl2: T_PwrOn=44us
    Capabilities: [220 v1] Secondary PCI Express
        LnkCtl3: LnkEquIntrruptEn- PerformEqu-
        LaneErrStat: 0
    Capabilities: [250 v1] Downstream Port Containment
        DpcCap:    INT Msg #0, RPExt+ PoisonedTLP+ SwTrigger+ RP PIO Log 4, DL_ActiveErr+
        DpcCtl:    Trigger:1 Cmpl- INT+ ErrCor- PoisonedTLP- SwTrigger- DL_ActiveErr-
        DpcSta:    Trigger- Reason:00 INT- RPBusy- TriggerExt:00 RP PIO ErrPtr:1f
        Source:    0000
    Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:1b.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCI Express Root Port #21 (rev f0) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 7270
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 123
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: [disabled] [16-bit]
    Memory behind bridge: 9f100000-9f1fffff [size=1M] [32-bit]
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: [disabled] [64-bit]
    Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
    BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- VGA16+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
        PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
    Capabilities: [40] Express (v2) Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
        DevCap:    MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0
            ExtTag- RBE+
        DevCtl:    CorrErr+ NonFatalErr+ FatalErr+ UnsupReq+
            RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
            MaxPayload 256 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
        DevSta:    CorrErr- NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
        LnkCap:    Port #21, Speed 8GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <1us, L1 <16us
            ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep+ BwNot+ ASPMOptComp+
        LnkCtl:    ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes, Disabled- CommClk+
            ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
        LnkSta:    Speed 8GT/s, Width x4
            TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt+ ABWMgmt-
        SltCap:    AttnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AttnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug- Surprise-
            Slot #24, PowerLimit 25W; Interlock- NoCompl+
        SltCtl:    Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq- LinkChg-
            Control: AttnInd Unknown, PwrInd Unknown, Power- Interlock-
        SltSta:    Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet+ Interlock-
            Changed: MRL- PresDet- LinkState-
        RootCap: CRSVisible-
        RootCtl: ErrCorrectable- ErrNon-Fatal- ErrFatal- PMEIntEna+ CRSVisible-
        RootSta: PME ReqID 0000, PMEStatus- PMEPending-
        DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range ABC, TimeoutDis+ NROPrPrP- LTR+
             FRS- LN System CLS Not Supported, TPHComp- ExtTPHComp- ARIFwd+
             AtomicOpsCap: Routing- 32bit- 64bit- 128bitCAS-
        DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis- LTR+ 10BitTagReq- OBFF Disabled, ARIFwd+
             AtomicOpsCtl: ReqEn- EgressBlck-
        LnkCap2: Supported Link Speeds: 2.5-8GT/s, Crosslink- Retimer- 2Retimers- DRS-
        LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 8GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
             Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
             Compliance Preset/De-emphasis: -6dB de-emphasis, 0dB preshoot
        LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -3.5dB, EqualizationComplete+ EqualizationPhase1+
             EqualizationPhase2+ EqualizationPhase3+ LinkEqualizationRequest-
             Retimer- 2Retimers- CrosslinkRes: unsupported
        Address: fee00278  Data: 0000
    Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 7270
    Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 3
        Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [100 v1] Advanced Error Reporting
        UESta:    DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
        UEMsk:    DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt+ RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
        UESvrt:    DLP+ SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
        CESta:    RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- AdvNonFatalErr-
        CEMsk:    RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- AdvNonFatalErr+
        AERCap:    First Error Pointer: 00, ECRCGenCap- ECRCGenEn- ECRCChkCap- ECRCChkEn-
            MultHdrRecCap- MultHdrRecEn- TLPPfxPres- HdrLogCap-
        HeaderLog: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        RootCmd: CERptEn+ NFERptEn+ FERptEn+
        RootSta: CERcvd- MultCERcvd- UERcvd- MultUERcvd-
             FirstFatal- NonFatalMsg- FatalMsg- IntMsg 0
        ErrorSrc: ERR_COR: 0000 ERR_FATAL/NONFATAL: 0000
    Capabilities: [140 v1] Access Control Services
        ACSCap:    SrcValid+ TransBlk+ ReqRedir+ CmpltRedir+ UpstreamFwd- EgressCtrl- DirectTrans-
        ACSCtl:    SrcValid- TransBlk- ReqRedir- CmpltRedir- UpstreamFwd- EgressCtrl- DirectTrans-
    Capabilities: [150 v1] Precision Time Measurement
        PTMCap: Requester:- Responder:+ Root:+
        PTMClockGranularity: 4ns
        PTMControl: Enabled:+ RootSelected:+
        PTMEffectiveGranularity: Unknown
    Capabilities: [200 v1] L1 PM Substates
        L1SubCap: PCI-PM_L1.2+ PCI-PM_L1.1+ ASPM_L1.2+ ASPM_L1.1+ L1_PM_Substates+
              PortCommonModeRestoreTime=40us PortTPowerOnTime=44us
        L1SubCtl1: PCI-PM_L1.2+ PCI-PM_L1.1+ ASPM_L1.2+ ASPM_L1.1-
               T_CommonMode=40us LTR1.2_Threshold=65536ns
        L1SubCtl2: T_PwrOn=44us
    Capabilities: [220 v1] Secondary PCI Express
        LnkCtl3: LnkEquIntrruptEn- PerformEqu-
        LaneErrStat: 0
    Capabilities: [250 v1] Downstream Port Containment
        DpcCap:    INT Msg #0, RPExt+ PoisonedTLP+ SwTrigger+ RP PIO Log 4, DL_ActiveErr+
        DpcCtl:    Trigger:1 Cmpl- INT+ ErrCor- PoisonedTLP- SwTrigger- DL_ActiveErr-
        DpcSta:    Trigger- Reason:00 INT- RPBusy- TriggerExt:00 RP PIO ErrPtr:1f
        Source:    0000
    Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Q470 Chipset LPC/eSPI Controller
    Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-

00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH cAVS (prog-if 80)
    DeviceName: Onboard - Sound
    Latency: 32, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 155
    Region 0: Memory at 9f338000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Region 4: Memory at 9f000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [80] Vendor Specific Information: Len=14 <?>
    Capabilities: [60] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Address: 00000000fee00678  Data: 0000
    Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
    Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel, snd_soc_skl, snd_sof_pci_intel_cnl

00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH SMBus Controller
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Region 0: Memory at 9f340000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    Region 4: I/O ports at efa0 [size=32]
    Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus
    Kernel modules: i2c_i801

00:1f.5 Serial bus controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH SPI Controller
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Region 0: Memory at fe010000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Kernel driver in use: intel-spi
    Kernel modules: spi_intel_pci

00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (11) I219-LM
    DeviceName: Onboard - Ethernet
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 152
    Region 0: Memory at 9f300000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
    Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
        Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Address: 00000000fee00638  Data: 0000
    Kernel driver in use: e1000e
    Kernel modules: e1000e

Reactions: wibbler