Lenovo nails small form factor with its ThinkStation P320 Tiny

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I am going to guess the market is financial traders and people who need lots of screens but without totally massive GPU performance.
They look nice though :)

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Can that GPU be replaced with a quad port NIC? That box would make an excellent router I think.

William

May 7, 2015
Can that GPU be replaced with a quad port NIC? That box would make an excellent router I think.
I am not sure about that. The GPU is a normal PCIe card that plugs into a riser so yes I think it could fit. Only problem is you would have no cooling, unless the one built into the heat sink system would match up. You might be looking at having to cut the heat pipes to get your NIC to fit.

I am going to guess the market is financial traders and people who need lots of screens but without totally massive GPU performance.
They look nice though :)
I think you are correct about that, it does have 6 video outputs. Some of the stock pictures they have show just that.

These look very similar to Dell's Optiplex Micro systems.
That's a nice system also but Lenovo's box has a Quadro inside and more video outputs.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Oh right I completely ignored the fact that the gpu and cpu have shared cooling.